Positive Comments about every corps in the top 12

liebot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed Teal's show, especially the fugue part. The only thing I didn't really like was the wall of fire at the end, but kudos to those guys for laying on the astrograss, that must've been really warm, especially on Saturday!

Alright, so I thought Teal Sound was probably the most improved div II/III corps from 04 to 05. 3rd place in div III to almost catching 3rd place in div II says a lot. So congrats to them on that alone. Hopefully their success will continue.

The show itself, didn't really do it for me. And I'm strictly talking show here, meaning the music that they were given to play. They clearly played it well. The hornline had a good balance throughout most of the show. Their drumline was definitely tight. Check them out on video.google.com it's pretty sweet, I believe it's their drum solo. Their guard was definitely improved over the previous year and definitely saw a growth in numbers which is always a positive thing. Their hornline was a little bit bigger than the year before but I don't think by much. It's all good though, everyone knows that it's quality over quantity and they have it.

I enjoyed Teal's show, especially the fugue part. The only thing I didn't really like was the wall of fire at the end, but kudos to those guys for laying on the astrograss, that must've been really warm, especially on Saturday!

lol yes the grass was very warm lol. i think i still have a few burn marks.

Warm? Try: It burned through my shoes!

same here

Falling on really hot astroturf when your completely exhausted is a lot of fun. You don't want to get up, but you know if you don't get up that your back is going to keep burning. Good times. As for Blue Stars, loved it once I saw the DVD, didn't see it much on tour. Those guard uniforms were cool. Good luck to them back in Division I

Blue Stars were definitely improved over 2004 technique-wise. The show didn't do it as much for me as their 04 show, but the brassline was leaps and bounds better. Their color guard was improved as well. and what can you say about the percussion...they almost took 2nd in drums. So I think that is also an improvement. that's what matters, right? Hopefully they do well this year in div I, it's been rough for the last couple corps to make the move, so hopefully they don't deal with that.