Positive Comments about every corps in the top 12

liebot

yah ik bobby liked them...i specificly recall him saying that he'd have OC's babies, infact.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Sounds like something Bobby would say :P

Edited by bari_benzo

i got to watch about half of their show at the photo booth.

it looked pretty cool. i mean, i wasn't completely focused on it so...

but, what i saw was very cool and interesting.

i love their uni's. very cool

I didn't get to see Oregon's show (or anyone's beside ours, to be honest), but our colorguard was lined up next to their's before going on for retreat at Grand Super Uber Mecca Championships, and they were a fun bunch. Obviously, we weren't going too insane right there out of the gate, but we swapped stories and they were all very much cool.

Memphis: never got to see the show and honestly havent had time to watch the entire dvd yet :worthy: but very cool people on retreats.

Yamato: they came a long way all season, gave us a scare a few times toward the enD! very strong corps, idk how they do it in only a few weeks...but yea only got to watch the show from the gate but on dvd great sound, good drill, awesome show idea i thought.

Taipei: again, only got to watch the show from the gate but on the dvd, yes its very obvious its an asian corps i enjoyed the use of the traditional asian modes and scales it was cool, something new. drumline was great, drum major, AWESOME!....colorguard, again, awesome and the hornline was excellent. very strong corps.

OC: havent seen the show yet...i promise ill watch the whole dvd soon so i can talk about all the shows!

Just watched OC... Great show, loved the brass book and the music book in general. Their drill was really interesting. Really well-designed show.

Let's move on to Raiders. Jesus Christ Superstar... good stuff. That's about all I can say.

Radiers.

I'll Comment as I watch

This show was almost as good as Raiders 01 (a show that should have won that year).

No Drum Major and didn't have any sign of having tempo problems. Guard scores 18.10, thought that was a bit much. Trumpet soloist at the beginning just as good as Madison's soprano solo from 99. Arrangement of JCS really good for the size of the corps. Nothing overdone, or copied, had it's own style to it. Prefer this JSU show over Madison 99. Other than the trumpet duet, trumpet soloist and trumpet line in general, very impressive. Mello line plays and project well in all ranges of the horn with a good tone quality. Drum line really good and controlled, never too much. The last few years the corps with the top percussion ALWAYS have the drumlines that carried the show, but this is the first corps with top percussion corps I've liked.

Edited by MelloHorn13