Positive Comments about every corps in the top 12

liebot

Someone did this last year, and I think it's a good way to foster good blood within the DCP community. Most people should be getting their DVDs by now, so this should be easy...

We're going to go through the D 2/3 Finalist corps one by one and say something positive about them... We'll start from the bottom (otherwise I think interest might die out by the time we got down there). Remember, only one corps at a time. I'll let everyone know when we're changing corps (or if I'm gone for awhile someone else can do it). So let's start with Memphis Sound.

I don't have my DVD yet, but I have to say the concept of them playing Los Endos Suite by Phil Collins really intrigued me and I'm looking forward to watching them. I also met one of their lead bari players recently and he was a real nice guy.

Soooo... What positive things does everyone have to say about Mempho?

Also: please refrain from commenting about your own corps (unless it's in reference to your relationship with another corps). We have enough boasting going on here anyway.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone did this last year, and I think it's a good way to foster good blood within the DCP community. Most people should be getting their DVDs by now, so this should be easy...

We're going to go through the D 2/3 Finalist corps one by one and say something positive about them... We'll start from the bottom (otherwise I think interest might die out by the time we got down there). Remember, only one corps at a time. I'll let everyone know when we're changing corps (or if I'm gone for awhile someone else can do it). So let's start with Memphis Sound.

I don't have my DVD yet, but I have to say the concept of them playing Los Endos Suite by Phil Collins really intrigued me and I'm looking forward to watching them. I also met one of their lead bari players recently and he was a real nice guy.

Soooo... What positive things does everyone have to say about Mempho?

Also: please refrain from commenting about your own corps (unless it's in reference to your relationship with another corps). We have enough boasting going on here anyway.

We don't need "Positive Comment" threads.

We just need to quit bashing other corps and stay on topic.

:music:

Los Endos is a really fun piece, we played it in marching band last year...

They had some pretty sweet licks in there, not taking an easy route for a lot of it (e.g. trumpets playing at the beginning, rather than just making it 1 or 2...sweet deal)

We don't need to hold hands and make everyone feel better about themselves.

Just stop making harsh comments about other corps, and everything will be fine.

It isn't "holding hands", most everyone here would be very interested in what their fellow Div. II/III brothers and sisters have to say about their show. A similar thread was started last year and it was pretty popular, until the end when interest started to die out. I think it's a great idea, especially now that the DVDs and CDs are shipping.

When a "prediction" thread is started, there is going to be drama and negative feelings whether they are intentional or not. For example, someone might not SEE it as a negative comment when they move ECJ from 1st to 4th, but someone in ECJ might. The same could be said for any corps. This thread and threads of this type alleviate any chance of that misunderstanding while still getting a positive "review" of a corps show from those who were standing on the field with them for retreat.

So much for "staying on topic", huh? I guess this thread crashed quicker than the "Predictions" nonsense. B)

Oh well, I like the idea. :) I don't have the DVD yet, but I got to see quite a few corps from the sidelines, great year for Div. II/III.

Do you remember who by any chance? :music:

I'll write as I watch the DVD.

Good drill written from the beginning to the end. Marching technique strong ,fined, consistent. Colorguard the weaker part of the visual portion, but the writing and staging is good. Overall hornline tone quality gets wide at times, but it's controlled most of the time. Best soprano solo on the whole DVD is at the end of this ballad. Good Brass book, Good Percussion book, just didn't seem to work well together at times. Show seemed choppy after the drum solo. Consistent marching from section to section. Drum Major really good.

All positive comments and criticism

i wish i could've gotten to watch more corps this year.

only got to watch Raiders, but we're not on them yet, so...