Judges DVD Commentary

Hmmm...I'll have to listen to Michael Gray's commentary again

Precisely...

I've listened to the GE Music judge tracks many times to get an understanding of how the corps are being evaluated...I've gotten to the point where I think I could do a half-way decent (ok, maybe only "quarter-way decent") job judging the caption..

Of course it's easy to armchair judge a recorded performance in the privacy of your home (or car) :blink:

Jason,

It would be my hope that you and other young people would consider judging a worthy pursuit. The most difficult aspect of judging is to be able to listen, watch, analyze what you see and hear, and then make concise commentary all while trying not to be run over. :P

Jason,

It would be my hope that you and other young people would consider judging a worthy pursuit. The most difficult aspect of judging is to be able to listen, watch, analyze what you see and hear, and then make concise commentary all while trying not to be run over. :P

[emphasis mine]

That last part would be a problem...I'm not a visual or brass person, so I'm not a wise choice there

And, I'm not even close to being in shape to run around with the drumline...I also have a strong aversion to the thought of getting my clock cleaned out there

I have to say I really missed the GE judges comments on this years DVD. It really gives you an understanding of where they are coming from when they assess their score. Sometimes it has even called attention to something I hadn't noticed when I watched the show with the director/show designer audio track on.