:laugh:

I always wanted to see what the valve lock looked like?

Seeing those pics of Roosevelt Stadium makes me wish I had been given an opportunity to see that fabulous venue...One of the drawbacks about being from the wrong era. Not too many places like that out in this part of the world.

Oh, well..

Pat

Not many here anymore either..........the place was freakin' awesome! and always a sea breeze on even the hottest most humid days! REALLY sad they let it go to ####......oh and never mentioned the Pteradactyl (Pigeon) #### covered seats amazing memories though!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many here anymore either..........the place was freakin' awesome! and always a sea breeze on even the hottest most humid days! REALLY sad they let it go to ####......oh and never mentioned the Pteradactyl (Pigeon) #### covered seats amazing memories though!

Thanks, Fred. Absolutely great thread. We can start a whole 'nother one just on the Dream or Roosevelt Stadium. And that picture of St Lucy's? Truly historical. I almost marched with that corp, but couldn't get a ride from anyone. (I was eleven or twelve at the time and played soprano). But as kids we would do whatever it took to get to the Dream. A junior and senior show for one admission. Rain or shine.

I think it was '79 when the field was all mud. The Bridgemen came out with no pants on. The Skyliners left off their cadet jackets, John Grass walked on the field with the drum line and played the 'New York, New York' tag. Then a soprano played it back from each section of the stands. The rest of the corps was scattered through the stands and jumped up, shouted and ran down to the field as each one played the tag back. The crowd went crazy.

And that's just one Roosevelt Stadium memory.

Thanks, Fred. Absolutely great thread. We can start a whole 'nother one just on the Dream or Roosevelt Stadium. And that picture of St Lucy's? Truly historical. I almost marched with that corp, but couldn't get a ride from anyone. (I was eleven or twelve at the time and played soprano). But as kids we would do whatever it took to get to the Dream. A junior and senior show for one admission. Rain or shine.

I think it was '79 when the field was all mud. The Bridgemen came out with no pants on. The Skyliners left off their cadet jackets, John Grass walked on the field with the drum line and played the 'New York, New York' tag. Then a soprano played it back from each section of the stands. The rest of the corps was scattered through the stands and jumped up, shouted and ran down to the field as each one played the tag back. The crowd went crazy.

And that's just one Roosevelt Stadium memory.

Just got the goose bumps again.....I remembered the Bridgemen but forgot what you guys did. What yrs did u march Sky? still remember Butch coming out of the Limo..think that was 78????

Just got the goose bumps again.....I remembered the Bridgemen but forgot what you guys did. What yrs did u march Sky? still remember Butch coming out of the Limo..think that was 78????

Butch did that a few times

Roosevelt Stadium id gone, i belive there are apartments or condo's there now <**>

sorry Sean didn't notice the years!!!!!!

Sorry Sean Didn't notice the yrs before just now

Fred

no problem