WANTED: CG3S Mouthpice

randomnoise

Visit here for the mouthpiece. This site is run by Patty Gordon, Claude's widow. It's $52.45 in silver.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,,,Kanstul makes those.

Update,,

I just got in a Benge cg3 s mouthpiece and sat down and did some initial comparison between the two.

There are a world of differences in these cups.Mostly around the rim.

The rim is much wider on the Kanstul made cg3.

As far as depth of the cup?

Because The Benge cg3s rim is thinner,,there is a quicker drop off into the cup,,forming more of a V cup design.This cup is deeper if anything but because it is V cup may give the lips more room to flex.

Also the whole in the center is much smaller.That is going to cause more backpressure which may or may not help in the upper range.

I am going to give this a work out tommorrow and report back my findings.

Edited by camel lips

Spent about 2 hours this morning on this mouthpiece.

Got through my normal warm ups.Everything feels a little different.Cup just feels deeper.

After getting into some of the music I know real well and have played before I could feel this mouthpiece taking on a whole new life.Its a bit darker sounding than the Kanstul CG3.There are some things I really like about it.

Did some upper range exercises.This is where this mouthpiece shines over the Kasntul Cg3.While my range didnt increase(wasent expection it to)it seemed to make my upper range sound more focused.Slotting in the upper range was improved over the Kanstul cg3.

I am going to need some more time behind this puppy but from the looks of it ..its a keeper.

Update,,

I just got in a Benge cg3 s mouthpiece and sat down and did some initial comparison between the two.

There are a world of differences in these cups.Mostly around the rim.

The rim is much wider on the Kanstul made cg3.

As far as depth of the cup?

Because The Benge cg3s rim is thinner,,there is a quicker drop off into the cup,,forming more of a V cup design.This cup is deeper if anything but because it is V cup may give the lips more room to flex.

Also the whole in the center is much smaller.That is going to cause more backpressure which may or may not help in the upper range.

I am going to give this a work out tommorrow and report back my findings.

The Benge and Kanstul CG3 mouthpieces should be identical. Zig Kanstul was at Benge and then opened his own company in the same location. While I'm sure that your mouthpieces are different, it's hard to fathom a Zig Kanstul product having that much variation. He makes quality products. Did you get both new?

The Benge and Kanstul CG3 mouthpieces should be identical. Zig Kanstul was at Benge and then opened his own company in the same location. While I'm sure that your mouthpieces are different, it's hard to fathom a Zig Kanstul product having that much variation. He makes quality products. Did you get both new?
The Benge is used.Thge CG3 I got new.THere is a huge difference in the pieces/

• 1 year later...

Still looking. The mouthpiece on the Claude Gordon site is the CG3, not the CG3S.

I can't believe that Camel Lips didn't tell me he was selling his - especially since I gave him the idea to buy one!!