The Seattle Brass Attack!

My friend Steve Riles marched Sentinels. Know him?

Rainmen? Showing up in long yellow jackets might be a mistake. But we could tell everyone we are "Excellent Marchers".

How bout' a nice Native American name like "The Whishkah Skookums"

We have many Boeing employees among us. Maybe we can get our own jet. :angel:

I can tell you for certain there is no chance of us getting permission to use the Brassmen name. That's all I have to say about that. :rock:

Steve,

Wow! Steve Ryals? #### yes, I know Steve Ryals! Most of us old Sentinels thought he disappeared after leaving his apartment in Bellevue by Maydenbauer Bay in '74.

I could share a tale or two about Steve and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with you if you'd like........

Probably better keep it off this public forum though.

By the way, his nickname is "Stevie Wonder". Call him that sometime and see what kind of a look he gets on his face, please!

Steve, I'll PM you regarding Ryals. Please tell him Rice says hello. Thanks!

Yes, the native American names would definitely set you apart from the rest of heard. Might even bring in some minority dollars from the federal government too! Give it a try.

Good luck!

Rice

Edited by rwrice

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 horns and this old man watching on the sidelines.... Seattle's venture into the world of mini corps (Brass Attack, not to be confused with Pacific Alliance's parade corps), certainly was off to a great start on Sunday... While I only really knew maybe 5 of the guys in the room... it could have been any group of old timers throwing it down... the only thing missing was that no one told me where they were going for beer after...

Seriously, a lot of gray hair and some real talent... these guys could do some damage at DCA Mini Corps... they would be a great addition to the DCA World Championships some day soon. In the meantime, they will be a great asset in making the Puget Sound just a little more familiar with drum corps. I expect we'll see them at Mariner Games VERY soon.

Great job of organizing this Steve. It should be noted that they have the blessing of Northwest Youth Music - parent of Cascades who provide instruments and tons of encouragement... This is the kind of corps interaction that must happen to expand drum corps in the Northwest.

congrats to all

25 horns and this old man watching on the sidelines.... Seattle's venture into the world of mini corps (Brass Attack, not to be confused with Pacific Alliance's parade corps), certainly was off to a great start on Sunday... While I only really knew maybe 5 of the guys in the room... it could have been any group of old timers throwing it down... the only thing missing was that no one told me where they were going for beer after...

Seriously, a lot of gray hair and some real talent... these guys could do some damage at DCA Mini Corps... they would be a great addition to the DCA World Championships some day soon. In the meantime, they will be a great asset in making the Puget Sound just a little more familiar with drum corps. I expect we'll see them at Mariner Games VERY soon.

Great job of organizing this Steve. It should be noted that they have the blessing of Northwest Youth Music - parent of Cascades who provide instruments and tons of encouragement... This is the kind of corps interaction that must happen to expand drum corps in the Northwest.

congrats to all

Aww schucks, wern't nuthin.

Thanks Tom. Bring your horn next time. I'll make sure you have a cold frosty one in front of you after the next rehearsal -

WHICH IS ON APRIL 2ND, BY THE WAY!

And it wasn't all grey hair. There were a few guys in their 20's there too - we would especially like to encourage the twentysomthings to get back into the activity, because.........like we like to say...... the music doesn't stop at 22! B)

Our first rehearsal went GREAT! b**bs

25 horns. ^OO^

5 excused absenses. B)

6 no shows <**>

All in all, a great start.

Get off the fence, and get on board, before it's too late!

Congratulations on the first rehearsal, Steve! Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time. :) :(

Keep up the good work. Hope to see you this summer somewhere.

Any chance you might be performing in exhibition at the Seattle show in July?

And yes, that "fence" is starting to chap my a**! b**bs

Rice

Congratulations on the first rehearsal, Steve! Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time. :) :(

Keep up the good work. Hope to see you this summer somewhere.

Any chance you might be performing in exhibition at the Seattle show in July?

And yes, that "fence" is starting to chap my a**! b**bs

Rice

We intend to perform at the Seattle drum corps show on July 8th. It may be our very first performance.

Did I mention that our next rehearsal is next Sunday April 2nd?

Anyone interested in attending this rehearsal should contact me at s.baretich@comcast.net