Horns for Hurricane Victims

This is so great! Any help for these music programs IS appreciated. It's been a difficult thing to deal with at ALL the Louisiana/Mississipi schools. We are all just hoping that music programs will not be cut to help the budget.

Again, any instrument, good bad or needing love, will find a good home in the hands of a gulf coastie.

As of right now, Chantilly HS has collected two dozen pieces of equipment; instruments/accessories/music/cases...I am not sure what the giant HHV organization has collected.

Again, I am just reaching out to the Drum Corps community through my Tri-M Organization at Chantilly. I am not the founder of the HHV group, but I feel strongly about the organization and its efforts.

Please keep up the support! Anything you can send would be great!

Also, please let me know if you send something in via the HHV website. I'd be interested in hearing from each and every one of you.

Thanks!

weekend bump.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update...

The HHV Drive is still going on. Please visit the Horns for Hurricane Victims Website and contribute today! The Drive ends May 3rd. Thanks!

We are setting up a non-profit in our town just for the support of music education and this is one of the things we are doing. It was amazing to us, when we looked at it, how many kids do not participate in music in elementary and middle school simply because their parents cannot afford to rent or buy the instruments for them. And, since virtually all of the money available for non-core courses in our district goes to sports, we figured it would be easier to do this as an outside entity, completely separate from the schools. It also surprised us how many people have old instruments in their closets, attics, garages, etc. that they have not used in years. Many need a simple clean-up and a few pads and/or springs replaced to be fully functional.

Good luck on your drive.

• 1 month later...

Just an update:

The HHV Drive is coming to an end. I have heard reports of many instruments being

donated. Chantilly High School had nearly 40 instruments and accessories delivered over the past few months.

You can still donate instruments/money/etc. to the HHV program. Click the link in my signature.

The drive ends May 3rd.

Thanks to DCP for all of your support. I even had a few people talk to me at WGI Drumline Championships this week...very cool!