YOUR favorite drill move

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is your chance to talk about your own corps without anyone else making comments about how you have a biased opinion. BIASED OPINIONS WANTED!

What was your favorite drill move (or one you'd like to call attention to) of each show you've marched?

:blush::unsure:

In 04 while the camera zooms in to the two soloists at the end, the trumpets and mellos were doing one of those crazy folding boxes that collapses and then reforms, 9 count move, lots of jazz running and pass throughs, took us a day to get it cleaned. that was part of the drill that we had changed the sunday of championship week.

this past year, the last 4 or 5 sets after the trumpet cadenza were pretty ridiculous to clean. especially those pass throughs. enough people were hurt in that section in practice that we finally got it right by finals.

some div II/III corps have some pretty ridiculous drill, so take part in this everyone, good topic.

Call me old, call me old school, call me pre DCI, call me Ishmael, but I always loved our Racine Kilties' Chatanooga Choo Choo Train - somehow before there was all this running around and "crabbing" sideways, there was a drill that was 120 beats per minute, and lots of company fronts and the like, but I think back in 68 or so the Plaid put together a "design" that had never before been done - Choo Choo - and maybe THAT more than anything else, eventually paved the way for modern drum corps today.

Last 30 seconds of our '04 show.

...haha YES! that was definitely the coolest part of 04, either that or the snare line/quints/trumpet mesh, facing opposite directions, that was cool too.

In 05, Definitely the introduction to PART 4, lots of pass through after pass through kind of stuff....That was so much fun, and we cleaned it A LOT. Too bad all you can see on the dvd is three horn players and part of the drumline. :(

end of OC's 05 show... "the meatgrinder", also referred to as the "crazy 8s".

also, i personally thought it looked pretty cool when we went into the tilting hourglass midway through our closer, having just done this interesting spin thing before it. the whole slow 360 while marching was interesting, but that one wasn't terribly difficult, just cool looking. the sad thing is on the DVD, its zoomed in on the drumline there so the whole effect is lost. blah.

hmm...

01, had to be the drum break when the snares were on the remos. It was just cool marching to that beat.

02, I think in the 2nd tune, there are two circles rotating while moving diagonally away form the 50... that wasn't easy at all, but it was actually rather fun.

"this past year, the last 4 or 5 sets after the trumpet cadenza were pretty ridiculous to clean. especially those pass throughs. enough people were hurt in that section in practice that we finally got it right by finals."

Yea that was pretty intense. Ill never forget Mandy get

Yea that was pretty intense. Ill never forget Mandy getting smacked in the face with Dewys tuba. It was pretty scary watching it...

Canos 04 we named a set "suicide" because thats all we did was jazz run to our dot, the only thing i remember being told was not to kill each other

Edited by dcf06