YOUR favorite drill move

If only you saw Brown falling on just about every run of those couple of sets. It was pretty ridiculous.

If I recall correctly, one run through someone simultaneously stepped on the person's foot behind them and got stepped on by the person in front of them and still managed to stay standing. It might've been me, but my memory is kind of hazy so it could've been someone else.

But yeah, my favorite drill moves...

The end of the 04 show was absolutely ridiculous: I'm so ###### off that it didn't make the video. The baris/tubas were hauling backwards at a 6/5+ then had to stop and go straight into a jazz run forward for nine counts. If I recall correctly the tubas calculated it and they were doing something like a 2.5/5. It seemed impossible, but calculating based on the dots it was right. And then the last set I remember almost getting killed by a couple of mellophones doing at least a 5.5/5 backwards in the general direction of the baris. I absolutely loved running those last three sets. Pure energy to the end.

Another favorite move of mine was watching Eric Borges have to change directions about 3 times during a 16 count move while jazz running.

In 05 we had a decent amount of crazy moves. The end of Caravan had the trumpets passing through the baris - people got hit daily when we were running that chunk. The end of the show from the box move on was a lot of fun too - I'm glad my jazz-running technique and direction changes made the video. The box rotation coming out of the trumpet cadenza was also pretty crazy/fun to perform. I'm just glad that it was cleaner at finals than it was at practice.

But I think the hardest drill move I ever had to do was the rectangle rotation (I call it that because it wasn't a box) at the end of Armando's Rhumba in 04. The lead baris and 2nds were jazzing running at a 144 tempo. And believe me, it is a lot easier to jazz run at a fast tempo than it is a slower one. The body control required for that move was crazy.

Although now that I think about the body control aspect, I realize that keeping your feet in time and staying balanced while marching at 48 (My Spanish Heart '04) was pretty much the hardest thing I had to do. No surprise it came out poorly on the finals video.

It wasn't All the time, it's was more like 1, 2,....5 time whatever. Fine I fell A LOT but there was only 2 or 3 time I fell because it was my fult through out the that season (and yes I know what your thinking). LOL. If I remember right 04 was the year for falling.

Fav move.............?

During My Spanish Heart '04, the mellos that had to Jazz Run at 48 I love watching them do that when ever we had a chance to. At the end of Armando's Rhumba in 04, you can see me and Kevin M. leaning into our spots, those where always fun to do. But yeah the ending of the 04 show, just crazy, you can see just pure madness behind the solos.

Edited by DClifer06

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marching backwards at quarter note equals 48 isn't hard at all guys, come on.

(this coming from someone who didn't have to do it) ^0^

Although now that I think about the body control aspect, I realize that keeping your feet in time and staying balanced while marching at 48 (My Spanish Heart '04) was pretty much the hardest thing I had to do. No surprise it came out poorly on the finals video.

Haha, yeah... not so much on the foot timing during the 04 ballad. Kinda reminded me of a caterpillar.

Another favorite move of mine was watching Eric Borges have to change directions about 3 times during a 16 count move while jazz running.

heh yup thats me :P just doin my job though hehe. indeed it was about a 2.5 - 3 to 5 and its not pretty when you forget that your not taking an extra set.... oops.

but i must admit that i fell a few times during jazz running during pandoras box this year 2 times (good move) but a pain in the but with the dirrection changes i had (hence why falling during that move 2 times) 1st time on dry grass and i creased my bell when i fell on my face and the 2nd was falling at the canadian open for about 1 count. (i tend to get up fast) you have to when you have a line full of baris and tubas chasing after you.

and the best drill of all time was my sets for the begining of armandos rhumba.. =P oh wait i had features so i didnt march for like 7 sets muahahahahaha. kk enough said bye

If only you saw Brown falling on just about every run of those couple of sets. It was pretty ridiculous.

If I recall correctly, one run through someone simultaneously stepped on the person's foot behind them and got stepped on by the person in front of them and still managed to stay standing. It might've been me, but my memory is kind of hazy so it could've been someone else.

But yeah, my favorite drill moves...

The end of the 04 show was absolutely ridiculous: I'm so ###### off that it didn't make the video. The baris/tubas were hauling backwards at a 6/5+ then had to stop and go straight into a jazz run forward for nine counts. If I recall correctly the tubas calculated it and they were doing something like a 2.5/5. It seemed impossible, but calculating based on the dots it was right. And then the last set I remember almost getting killed by a couple of mellophones doing at least a 5.5/5 backwards in the general direction of the baris. I absolutely loved running those last three sets. Pure energy to the end.

Scrumdiddlyumptious

2005 - Scrumptrelescant

Other favorite drill moves: 2005 - Cotton Club sets 24-27 (Amazing bari solo and cutting contest)

2004 - Beginning of Armando's Rhumba (Sextet)

My favorite was this years H20 set for PC...what a way to end the show :)

• 3 weeks later...
In 05, Definitely the introduction to PART 4, lots of pass through after pass through kind of stuff....That was so much fun, and we cleaned it A LOT. Too bad all you can see on the dvd is three horn players and part of the drumline. :(

When it clicked, the intro was awesome! Definitely.

• 2 weeks later...

the idea of brown falling will always remind me of the best summers of my life...

ecj definatly had some ###### drill moves the past few years...trust me, i saw them all plenty of times, especially the ends of the past two shows. :laugh:

Edited by crazyhank4