New Drum & Bugle Corps

Sorry about the music but I am glad you enjoyed the site. That is what the Corps is all about. Hving a great time while doing parades as we all march with other corps as well.

WARNING: Embedded sound file :sshh:

I don't mind the music itself it's just lack of warning about my speakers suddenly springing to life. My preference is for embedded media to default to "off" with an obvious button to turn it on and off.

But don't mind me, I'm a curmudgeon about these things.

(edit: for clarity and quote tag)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Yet another new drum corps!!

Great name! We need about 20 new "retro" drum corps.

Good Luck!

b**bs

Thanks,

There has been great interest to pay the traditional music so we will give it a try and see where it leads us.

Joe

Wow! Yet another new drum corps!!

Great name! We need about 20 new "retro" drum corps.

Good Luck!

b**bs

b**bs Here comes RETRO SOUND...I hope everyone enjoys the old school music ware are now playing.

New Staff Added. Please check www.retrosound.homestead.com and goto the staff and admin page for updated position s being filled.

Mello, Nice picture. Where is it from?

CJ

Thanks for posting Joe.

Many exciting things about to happen.

Stay tuned!!!!

Dan Hines

I am sooo confused. This area has not seen a corps in 15 or so years and now there is talk of three if not four in this very small and marching arts deprived area.

What gives??????

So kind of marching arts revolution taking place in New York?

I suppose I should explain. I am originally from Glens Falls, NY. A rural area north of Albany. While growing up I remember corps from all over coming into town for different shows and I remember being hooked on a corps from Saratoga, NY call the Avant Garde. They were great. A junior corps that unfortunately folded up shop in the early 80's just as they were getting hot.

I moved away a short time after that. But I always wondered if another corps would ever be organized in that area.

The area is not very big on marching bands and it is not fostered in the schools. That area of New York is all about the concert style of performance and not the marching arts. Dont get me wrong, there are some good school marching bands but, not like other parts of the country, especially not like down here in Texas. The high school bands down here are HUGE. And dont get me started about the college bands, 400 members!!!! With this kind of local and school support, there should be more corps around here too.

But in Upstate NY...to now have this many different corps popping up...I don't know if this is the smart way to go.

I guess if one corps does jazz and the other does classical and the other does...ect. making sure you are unique.

what is it that Rodney King said..."Why can't we all just get along?" If an alumni style corps is what everyone upthere is doing, then why not make the biggest and baddest parade group going?

Pool your resources and go out HUGE. Let me tell you, there is nothing like a HUGE band/corps coming down the street and just going on forever. The are not alot of parades down here, but when we do have one...all the schools come out and each band is a block long.

I guess what I am saying is...best of luck to all the new corps in NY, Retrosound, Excelsior, Mountain valley express(I think they are from NY too?). I hope all the corps succeed, I question if that is possible...but good luck anyways.

By the way... I do not miss the snow!

Seems that there's a major difference of opinion as to the direction of drum corps in the area.

I agree that it would be best for the 2 groups to get back together, find some common ground and get a fresh start.

It seems unlikely, with the history of this area, that 2 senior corps can survive at once.

I give them all credit for trying to bring the activity back. They all seem to be dedicated and hard at that task.

BTW, who is Mountain Valley Express?

Isn't Mountain Valley Experss out of Pittsburgh, PA? Just wondering as I haven't heard of them in this area. We are hoping that the two corps can survive as Excelsior is looking to eventually go to cometition while Retro Sound is looking to be an Old School Parade Corps only which as we all know requires alot less committment and financial burden. I wish Excelsior the best of luck as I will be the first one supporting them as they "Take the field in competition" but I also feel that we will thrive with the weekend warriors.

See you soon.

Seems that there's a major difference of opinion as to the direction of drum corps in the area.

I agree that it would be best for the 2 groups to get back together, find some common ground and get a fresh start.

It seems unlikely, with the history of this area, that 2 senior corps can survive at once.

I give them all credit for trying to bring the activity back. They all seem to be dedicated and hard at that task.

BTW, who is Mountain Valley Express?