SYRACUSE BRIGADIERS

What's up Syracuse Brigadiers? Haven't seen you post for about a week? I miss the Brig chatter.

Are you in the Rochester Standstill show in April?

Do you still play on G horns?

I heard you have just one tune left to master? What it it?

How's your Winter Guard doing? They were hot!

Did you get your BINGO back?

Will you use props this year? You have done less well without them. Don't know if it's a cause and effect thing however. I do know it was a money thing.

Are you planning any surprises this year?

I was told that your trade secrets will have to remain secret this year? Why the secrecy? Inquiring minds (I) want to know what they are! Are you guys plugging yourselves into a "think system" sleep-learning machine, or are you using the new class of Drum Corps Steroids? What gives?

How 'bout some mp3's? What does your ballad sound like this year? Can't you tease us a little?

Is the Brigadier sound still the Brigadiers sound? Can the Brigadier sound be done in B-flat?

Are you tire of posting? Take a nap and get back into the game. We need the Brigs in the game. :) :blink: :)

:laugh: Geena Wacker

The Brigs are here, we're still working, practicing hard, and we're planning on having an increadable season.

The Brigs will be using props this year, no Bridge, and the hornline will have the same classic sound on G bugles.

Wayne Downey's arrangements are outstanding as are Dave Glyde's and the corps has only El Tango De Roxanne left to learn.

We look forward to putting this show on the field and we hope you are as excited as we are, take care!

The Brigs are here, we're still working, practicing hard, and we're planning on having an increadable season.

The Brigs will be using props this year, no Bridge, and the hornline will have the same classic sound on G bugles.

Wayne Downey's arrangements are outstanding as are Dave Glyde's and the corps has only El Tango De Roxanne left to learn.

We look forward to putting this show on the field and we hope you are as excited as we are, take care!

Can we hear you? How 'bout some MP3's of your ballad? I hope I awoke a sleeping giant!! It wasn't the same here without you.

Can you please answer the Rochester Show question and the BINGO Q?

:unsure: Geena

The Brigadiers will be at the Rochester show, it should be a good time!

We hope to see all of our friends there as it has been a long off season.

And as far as bingo is concerned we are currently taking necessary steps...more to come at a later date on that one.

Have a wonderful season and best of luck this year.

Have a wonderful season and best of luck this year.

Thanks Joe!

I'm feeling great about the Brigs this year. At the most concrete level, I march because I like to watch the audience stand up. The Brigs have always made the audience stand up even when we were languishing in 11th and 9th places. By todays standards, (by Brigadiers' standards) we were sloppy back in those days of the early 90's, but it was how we went for it fully that made the audience get up. When the crowd got up, I didn't care much about the raw score. Our adopted goal was stated as, "To Entertain The Audience. PERIOD." And by God we did it even when we couldn't march as well, or play as well as some others. I'm so proud of that.

Some corps go all summer receiving only polite applause for their efforts. That would be our worst nightmare. The audience has come to expect no less than $16. worth of excellence on our parts alone. Most of the time we succeed. Other corps do as well. I'm going to give away a trade secret now. Other corps: Please don't read any further.

(Clearing throat) We're planning To Entertain The Audience, PERIOD., this year.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Other corps: Please don't read any further.

(Clearing throat) We're planning To Entertain The Audience, PERIOD., this year.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Right on Scott!! I'm entertained just playing the show. I'm almost envious of the audience that I'll never hear it from the stands!

When your goal is simple to understand, it's easier to accomplish. We can get there from here.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

That's true in a number of settings, not just Drum Corps. The key point of your corps' goal is the audience's enjoyment. It takes a leap of faith to play for the audience's benefit while leaving the score to take care of itself. I've seen you guys many times. When the audience appreciates you, you seem to take it up a notch for them. Thank God for leaps of faith.

I've seen you guys many times. When the audience appreciates you, you seem to take it up a notch for them.

Geena,

I really appreciate these words as over my five year span as a Brigadier I can recall numerous crowds that really fueld our performances. And I absoultely respect and thank each and every one of those audiences members, such as yourself, that have made it truly enjoyable to be a Brigadier.