1996-2006 How many corps have we GAINED

Another positive slant shows 227 different juniors were active between 1996 and 2005.

I wasn't going to bring any negatives, but since someone asked.....151 juniors folded during this same time frame. Many of the corps that folded were also the new corps that were born during the same span.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another positive slant shows 227 different juniors were active between 1996 and 2005.

I wasn't going to bring any negatives, but since someone asked.....151 juniors folded during this same time frame. Many of the corps that folded were also the new corps that were born during the same span.

Ok, so we gained 106 but lost 151. I can be positive too! We may have lost 151 but at least we didn't gain zero!

I'm all for being positive you all, but I don't think ignoring the problems is going to help solve them.

Since this thread was trying to look at the positive side of my census I presented the information as such.

The numbers speak for themselves. We've lost a ton of corps over the years, and many of the new corps haven't stayed around long enough to make a positive impact on the census numbers.

A DCI board member (who shall remain nameless....as well as brainless) pretty much blew off my census as a bunch of made up numbers about 8 or 9 years ago. He went in front of everybody at a seminar and said there was no way there were ever that many junior corps (referring to the 400+ that WERE active in the early 1970's). That tells me that many people have no idea how huge the numbers were years ago, and that is probably a major part of the problem.

It would kind of be interesting to see how many of the corps we've gained since 96 started off in smaller circuits and then went to DCI exclusively.....I know that's the case with Targets, who started off in the Eastern MA circuit, then moved to basically all Garden State Gircuit shows, and then finally DCI in 2000-2001....

It would kind of be interesting to see how many of the corps we've gained since 96 started off in smaller circuits and then went to DCI exclusively.....I know that's the case with Targets, who started off in the Eastern MA circuit, then moved to basically all Garden State Gircuit shows, and then finally DCI in 2000-2001....

Had the same thing in Senior corps before DCA became the only circuit left. Wierd to think that in 1985 two future DCA Champs were performing in the ICA (Small Sr) circuit. Westshoremen were rebuilding and Empire Statesmen were just starting off that year.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

• 3 weeks later...