mail

We got mail on tour last year, but it takes a LONG time, because people have to send letters to the corps office and then they make sure it finds its way to you.

this service is usually available through individual corps i think. each one will either have the address of the corps office listed, mail 'drop off' points (which are stops on the tour where you can send mail and the corps will pick it up on the way) or places like cavies even have an email service where you can email an individual corps member on the road.

or there's one through dcp you're talking about, in that case, i'm ignorant.

I think there was one run ran through Corpsreps last year, if memory serves me correct. And I'm guessing this is the one being referenced. I remember seeing some of the places and that it was all set to go at some of the shows, but never saw anything come of it. Maybe I just wasnt looking?

Regular snail mail takes a long time as described above. But some families do send care packages.

For just a quick hello or good luck message some corps have email accounts for their members. They print out the messages and give them to the members. The members themselves don't get to be online, at least not very often.

For several years Corpsreps ran an e-mail drop list. They said something about not having enough interest to do it anymore. Other than that, you just have to wait for snail or e-mail through the corps or whatch for the innumerable threads about who is going where.