Cartooooooon

Has anyone on here ever considered the possibility that some people only participate in these forums for fun. Fun at the expense of the poeple who take drum corps, and this online 'community' seriously. Every time you get worked up, or put any serious thought into a response to a stupid thread like this, you're only encouraging this immature behavior.

I have a feeling that someone like this guy, jlb15 or whatever, or that 27th lancer #### (he wasn't really affiliated with the corp) that caused trouble, is only trying to have fun at your expense. Just something for anyone who takes these forums seriously to consider. Moderators?

Has anyone on here ever considered the possibility that some people only participate in these forums for fun. Fun at the expense of the poeple who take drum corps, and this online 'community' seriously. Every time you get worked up, or put any serious thought into a response to a stupid thread like this, you're only encouraging this immature behavior.

I have a feeling that someone like this guy, jlb15 or whatever, or that 27th lancer #### (he wasn't really affiliated with the corp) that caused trouble, is only trying to have fun at your expense. Just something for anyone who takes these forums seriously to consider. Moderators?

Well, look at it this way..there are several threads that, by and large, are "serious" that aren't exactly turning the marching arts on their ears. For instance, the "Survivor" thread. All that basically does is play favorites, and #### people off in the process. Same with, "What's your favorite chord?" Well, telling everyone that it's a diminished G7 squared to the power of "X" isn't propelling serious discussion, either.

Therefore, there has to be some sort of "fun" here, even if it is in throwaway threads like this and others.

With threads like these, even if the person is a troll...sometimes it helps to play into it rather than give folks the outraged reaction they're looking for.

Now, then, at the expense of taking this back on topic (:P), didn't the Velvet Knights play a cartoon show back around 1993? "Kartoon Klassics" or something like that?

Edited by bawker

I apologize to whoever this is. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or cause any trouble. I guess I just won't post anymore if it's not welcome...

Now, then, at the expense of taking this back on topic (:P), didn't the Velvet Knights play a cartoon show back around 1993? "Kartoon Klassics" or something like that?

Yes, 1993, the corps' 30th anniversary. "Kartoon Klassics," based on Warner Bros. cartoon themes...The Rabbit of Seville, William Tell Overture, Hungarian Dance No. 2, with Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd, the Energizer Bunny redux, dancing cacti, the Big Bad Wolf, the Three Little Pigs, Helga redux and a witch.

I apologize to whoever this is. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or cause any trouble. I guess I just won't post anymore if it's not welcome...

It's welcome.

I won't like a futurama or Family guy themed show or even the music in the show. I'm not saying it because it's "degrading" or anything like it, I just don't like those shows and don't think that it's of quality that I want from a DCI show. That said, I would love it if their wasn't a serious show on the field. Cartoons--okay, I see possiblities. What if the show made fun of DCI itself? I would laugh. Or what if DCI did "Drumline" or "High School Marching Band"? Get in the sax-o-phones! Oh, When the sax, goes marching in, Oh, when the sax goes marching in......

(Don't hurt me...)

It's welcome.

I won't like a futurama or Family guy themed show or even the music in the show. I'm not saying it because it's "degrading" or anything like it, I just don't like those shows and don't think that it's of quality that I want from a DCI show. That said, I would love it if their wasn't a serious show on the field. Cartoons--okay, I see possiblities. What if the show made fun of DCI itself? I would laugh. Or what if DCI did "Drumline" or "High School Marching Band"? Get in the sax-o-phones! Oh, When the sax, goes marching in, Oh, when the sax goes marching in......

(Don't hurt me...)

Why would corps devote an entire show to making fun of marching bands? Corps ARE marching bands.