Can someone with a high level of musical intelect please tell me how C

you will probably get a lot of blow hards responding to this question, at the obvious temptation of "high music intellect", which they may or may not have (the latter is probably true).

simple truth is, that what the judges heard/appreciated/awarded could only be assessed on their score sheets/tapes/critiques. I do remember them being a very tight ensemble, phrasing was unbelievable...but not really quite sure how they got their marks...a few balance problems if you ask me.

you will probably get a lot of blow hards responding to this question, at the obvious temptation of "high music intellect", which they may or may not have (the latter is probably true).

simple truth is, that what the judges heard/appreciated/awarded could only be assessed on their score sheets/tapes/critiques. I do remember them being a very tight ensemble, phrasing was unbelievable...but not really quite sure how they got their marks...a few balance problems if you ask me.

I think it should be pointed out that the ensemble music caption covers much more ground than whether or not they had any ensemble tears or not, although those certainly are part of the mix. It can be easy to dwell on those flaws, but the judges felt that whatever phasing may have shown up on finals night didn't negate enough of what they were doing well to swing the caption out of their favor. I also think it was one of their best, most highly polished performances of the 1990's.

M

While on the whole I loved the Cadets in 1996 and really feel like they had the goods to win that caption (and the overall title) that year, on Finals night, there seemed to be a massive tear in Red Pony that I just remember being absolutely shocked to have heard. So on Finals night, I think that tear alone should have been enough for them to lose that caption to either Phantom or BD. But that's just what I recall hearing on Finals night, it's not as bad on the recording.

:feednotroll:

Closed.