Thank You for the hospitality

This past weekend, the DCA South Directors converged on a rainy Jackson Mississippi for the annual DCA-S Directors meeting. It may have been rainy there, but the Generals organization made it bright and welcoming for us. Nolan Jones and his group is to be commended for putting forth a great weekend. The meeting was held at the CAVS facility, part of the Mississippi State Medical Center. The open and spacious conference room complete with two giant screens and monitors, along with laptop hook ups was very nice, I repeat VERY NICE !!!! and also allowed us to run DVD's of the South Region Corps from the last few DCA Championships for all to see during breaks. The lunch was A 1 and the dinner at the local brewery was tasty, filling and full of lots of good drum corps talk. The weekend concluded with a meeting recap at the Golden Corral before all headed back to their respective cities. A Lot was discussed about the present and future years and the future of DCA-S seems to be in great and capable hands of the current Corps directors and their selected representatives.

Thank you to Nolan for putting this together, Jeff Miller and Wade for the facility and shuttle driving and great hospitality & conversation. This is definitely a place to come back to!!

Thanks to all the DCA South Corps representatives for taking time from your busy schedules to attend and help to make this region grow and prosper. I cannot wait for the start of the 2006 season.

Sounds like a great time!

We were glad to have the opportunity to participate in this process at such a high level, seeing how new we are. It was a pleasure to meet so many folks from so many fine ensembles!

Our thanks go out to Vic, et al, for allowing us to host such an important event. Our first experience was very positive and we look forward to hosting this in the future one day!

Thanks again!

Wade Rackley

Edited by Periphery

The Corps that were represented were

CorpsVets

Gulf Coast Sound

Music City Legend

Heatwave

Jackson Generals

The Director of Shenandoah Sound could not attend due to an illness in the family.

It was a very productive meeting and bodes well for the future success of DCAS. It was truly great to get to meet some people from the other Corps. To a person very nice people.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

A little late on the reply :P

We appreciate the thanks and reciprocal hospitality from each of the participating corps as well as from Vic. I can sincerely say that it was my pleasure to act as tour guide, chauffer, host, and participant for such a great group of people. I had a great time. You all are invited back anytime (but let's bring more friends next time). We at Jackson Generals have a lot of respect for your organizations, and DCAS as a whole, and look for your guidance as we continue on our path of growth. It is a pleasure to be involved in DCAS, and to know the support we will receive as an upcoming member. We look forward to the competition and camaraderie of the upcoming season. Vic, please keep us in mind if there is anything we can do to help.

Sincerely,

Jeff Miller

Board President, Assistant Director

Jackson Generals Drum and Bugle Corps

www.jacksongenerals.org

jmiller@jacksongenerals.org

Edited by eljefe

Geez, you guys make it sound like we all get along and like each other! Egads...

I like beating each other's brains to a bloody pulp on the field -- and buying each other beers at the party afterward. That's what made this activity GREAT!

SMA

(Note: The writer does not advocate consumption of any intoxicants or hallucinogens. Any opinions expressed are those of... oh wait, he forgot who wrote that crap.)