Another Step Up for Music City Legend

Proficiency yes, Difficulty - sure hope not

One of the reasons why DCA is so loved by people is that we are different than DCI. Our concepts, our performance, our connection to the audience.

I do wish Music City Legend the best. Really enjoyed last year's show and looking forward to the show, music sounds great!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proficiency yes, Difficulty - sure hope not

One of the reasons why DCA is so loved by people is that we are different than DCI. Our concepts, our performance, our connection to the audience.

I do wish Music City Legend the best. Really enjoyed last year's show and looking forward to the show, music sounds great!

cheers chris! i agree. dca and dci are two different animals...and that's a good thing. it is something that has drawn me to dca and made me love what we do in dca. we strive for the proficiency and the excellence, but our rehearsal schedule and varying ages/abilities will make it extremely difficult to be able to attain a visual program as challenging as most junior corps....the juniors have age, physical conditioning, and a 2+ month daily training/rehearsal regiment to help them achieve such a physically/mentally demanding program....nothing wrong with that! :) we get to have a blast, enjoy the comraderie of dca corps, and get to have a few cold ones at the end of the day! :mmm:

i think ed/camel lips meant that we at MCL are taking huge strides towards fielding not only a bigger, but also a greatly improved corps over our previous two seasons. the membership is working very dilligently to perform what is a vastly more challenging musical book and drill program...with each section of the corps improving immensly over last year's offering.

we look forward to seeing you again, chris, and the rest of the frontier corps. thanks for the support you have shown MCL from our first dca gig in rockmart two years ago.

:mmm:

-DM|MD

Over the weekend I spoke with one of our founding members who marched JR corps,,,and he stated that the difficulty in the music and the drill FAR exceed's anything that JR corps does.I imagine the proffesional educators in the stands and the hard corps fans that recognize the difficulties in our drill and music will sit back in thier seats and say WOW regardless of what score we get this year.

Way to go Ed. If you guys are having fun with it, and the audience is entertained, well... thats the whole package in my book.

Its just good drum corps (dca, dci, or dcwhatever).

Good Luck MCL, make them say wow!

b**bs

Very cool!!! You guys have come so far so fast!!! Congrats!!