Another Step Up for Music City Legend

Makes me hafta poop.

But hey... whatever works for you.

i would have to agree....the three preshow "S's" - a s***, a shower, and a shave- is this my corps ritual or am i just getting old? :music: :P HAHAHHAHA.

compETition? either way, i'm just looking forward to donning the uniform again. something strangely exciting about black shoe polish, doing the final buttons, putting on gauntlets, white gloves, and finally pulling your lid down really, really low...intimidating? maybe not... a HUGE hype, #### yeah!

how much longer till the premiere?

:mmm:

-DM|MD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, our first DCA contest of the year will be in Manassas, but we will also be appearing at 2 DCI shows before that, Lexington and Sevierville, respectively. We all can't wait to get the performance season started!

Best of luck, MCL, at Lexington, near-Dollywood, and all DCA shows.

Lexington? Brings back scary memories of going to report the '99 Southwind show, flipping the big van on its side near Georgetown exit #126, Laura hanging above me from her seatbelt, Shadow, corps mascot, standing on the big side window with this "that-was-interesting" look, Cookie Faerie cookies scattered all over...Marched Mad Plaid with an elbow that could barely keep the sop at 10 degrees.

i would have to agree....the three preshow "S's" - a s***, a shower, and a shave- is this my corps ritual or am i just getting old? :unsure: :P HAHAHHAHA.

Oh don't worry... it's not just you. The three S's are vital to a successful performance. After practicing out in the sun all day, ya just gotta lose the stubble, de-funk so you don't smell like a foot, and then drop the Cosby kids off at the pool before you hit the field. If you just ate a chili-dog or something, you may need a reprise of the third "movement." In that case, go ahead and cheer the Browns on to the Superbowl, baby.

Well, I never foresaw this developing into a scat humor thread, but whatever ..... there are more important things to worry about in life. :)

As an update, the corps has about half the show on the field marching and playing. All spots are filled with the exception of a few holes in the hornline. We plan to put about 75-80 on the field: 32 horns, 22 guard, 16 battery, 8-10 pit, 2 DMs and an Honor Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong Jim Reed.

Hard to believe we were at 21 in 2004. Anyway, numbers don't mean much. This should be an entertaining show for DCA fans and we will be noticeably improved in all captions, particularly percussion and guard. The hornline set the bar pretty high for itself last year, but it is a talented, hardworking section that will hold its own. First show is Family Day on June 24, followed by two DCI shows on June 25 and 26. Our DCA debut is July 22 in VA.

You got it, brother. 50% on and rocking, more to come this weekend!

Fantastic news, guys!! I'm sure that's a big relief to the Class A corps and a bit scary for the Open Class corps. :)

Best of luck to MCL this year. Can't wait to see you all on the field!!!

Great news! :D

Congrats Guys! Considering the quality of your program and performance last year, this was a logical decision. I look forward to seeing your 06 production.

Sweet! I can't wait to see you guys this year. Good luck this summer!