Southern Aurora Not Competing In '06

I wonder what their show was, I can't seem to find an announcement anywhere

From the Southern Aurora web page, Latest News section:

The show is based loosely around two words: Construction and Diversion. Construction will relate to the structure and composition of the music in harmony, timbre and rhythm. Diversion is related to the visual part of the show and will dictate the drill with the possible use of road signs.

Although the signs primarily relate to the visual design the music will also be influenced by what the sign is telling us.

The music is in three parts:

Part 1

Liturgical Dances - David Holsinger

Part 2

Variations on a Korean Folk Song - John Barnes Chance

Part 3

Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra - Benjamin Britten

Southern Aurora website

Love the music, but that would be a difficult show

Love the music, but that would be a difficult show

And, unfortunately, they appear to agree with you.

Too bad they didn't take the '76 Madison/'90 Cadets route and totally redo their show at the last minute. :D

This is really Sad. The corps won, folded, rebuilt, and looked like they were about to return to championship level soon. This is really sad :(

Some things are only possible when you rehearse every day for 3 months...

True.

Maybe it's time for a DCUK mini-corps competition. :D

This is really Sad. The corps won, folded, rebuilt, and looked like they were about to return to championship level soon. This is really sad :(

Yes that's really true, I saw them last year in Courtrai with the Blue Devils, and they really had a nice show were in good competition with the top of Europe (only a view points behind).

I think the thing with Southern Aurora needs to be pointed out that they are not withdrawing from competition due to low membership. It sounds like they've had a few setbacks and are now realising that, perhaps, they've bitten off more than they can chew. They've taken a hard, but sensible decision to not put the show out as the members were/are not enjoying the pressure.

After hearing directly from SA this week I know they are still going to be working hard this year and hope to be out, in some form, with something for us all to see and enjoy.

Here's hoping. I'm confident.