DCI - Denton, Texas July 23

Party in Denton  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a party Sunday afternoon?

• At Cool Beans on Fry Street?
    • At a local restaurant?
    • At someones house in or near Denton?
    • In a field near the stadium?
    • Don't have a party?
    • Other option to be discussed.

With Denton, TX hosting it's first DCI show at their new stadium on a Sunday evening I wanted to see if there would be interest from people planning on attending the show (or not) would like to get together and have a party.

Options would be:

- find a place in Denton to eat and drink

- find a host who would sponsor a party at their place

- set up a tent near the stadium and get together there

Drop your thoughts and ideas here and let's see if we can put something together.

[

Drop your thoughts and ideas here and let's see if we can put something together.

Sevie, I'll be in San Antonio Friday night thru Sunday night. Are you working on anything for that show? Sure to be a few Blue Star alumni at that show.

I'm down with that. Would this be a before or after party?

Sevie, I'll be in San Antonio Friday night thru Sunday night. Are you working on anything for that show? Sure to be a few Blue Star alumni at that show.

You know it. Where else would we be other than the Blue Star Brewery B) Check the Blue Stars Forums for times. It will all depend on when the corps goes on that afternoon.

I'm down with that. Would this be a before or after party?

Depending on how many people are interested, I think we may want to do at least the party before hand. IF there is a group who wants to hang out afterwards, I'm sure we can put something together.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Riprocks in Denton last night for the Mavs game and was talking with the owner (who also owns Cool Beans). We discussed briefly the idea of having a bunch of us come up to one of the bars prior to the show. She is open to doing something special - drum corps geek time - like have drum corps playing on the sound system or even having video running.

This is something that would be cool to pursue, but I would like to have a good crowd there to partake if she were to do something like this.

So keep the notes coming!

Thanks.

If anyone needs a ticket to the Denton show, I've got one for sale. I was planning on going, but instead I'm going to spend Sunday in San Antonio with my girlfriend and her corps.

Details:

Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:00PM CST

C.H. Collins Athletic Complex - Denton TX

Section: Upper Level C

Row: 26

Seat: 30

Price: $30

Email me at LBJAZZ@Hotmail.com or call me at 228-596-5241 if interested.

oh yeah - GO MAVS!

I'd say try to set something up at the stadium. I'll be on tour with the Bluecoats souvies for the Denton show. Stop by and chat!

DW

Definitely Cool Beans.