DCA is alive and well in Texas!

I just got back from watching Frontier's first full run of their show and I want to let the rest of the DCA community know that they are light years ahead of where they were last year. Though it's still rough around the edges and they have a few holes left in the soprano and baritone line, the hornline sounds great, good center of pitch and several excellent soloist. The guard is coming along very nicely and the drumline is also greatly improved (and bigger) than before. Their show titled "Fire" is very well crafted musically and visually and will be a crowd favorite. The mellophone section will also raise some eyebrows as they will probably be one of the best mello lines in DCA.

Also I visited Gulf Coast Sound in Houston a few months ago and they are also greatly improved with a nice sounding hornline and a killer drumline with some killer charts!

DCA is alive and very well in Texas!

Thanks Brent! It was great having you around this weekend. Feel free to stop by whenever your schedule allows!

Man, what a great feeling to have the entire show on the field, something we didn't accomplish last year until July ;)

We are looking for 1 more lead soprano, 1 2nd baritone, 1 battery percussionist, and 2 more guard

Thanks Brent! Your praise is nice to hear.

It's wonderful to have the full show in so we can clean during the heat instead of learning. It should make for a MUCH better product.

As we well know the mercury will NOT be our friend in the coming weeks...bring on the triple digits - there is some Fire in Dallas.

Thanks Brent! Your praise is nice to hear.

<snip>As we well know the mercury will NOT be our friend in the coming weeks...bring on the triple digits - there is some Fire in Dallas.

Brent, thanks for your camp review. Coming from you, I trust it! Ergo, look out other corps for Frontier.

Having lived in Cowtown, Ft. Worth, for 12 years, I recall the drought of 1980, 43 consecutive days of 100 'n higher. Got down to 95 some nights. My tennis buddy and I got on the local news for playing tennis. I called all my friends to see me on the news, but the talking heads "used" us: "Look at these fools playing tennis at 113 degrees. This is what you should not do...."

So, I pity your camps somewhat, but it won't be as hot in '06. You have less humidity. I feel your pain though.

thanks for the pics GCS! (but still can't tell how big the line is) lol

Also I visited Gulf Coast Sound in Houston a few months ago and they are also greatly improved with a nice sounding hornline and a killer drumline with some killer charts!

Thanks Brent! Now that the "killer charts" are on the field you should come on back and take a look. The thermometer will not be on fire this weekend (Hey, we have not seen the sun in days here), but GCS will be HOT :P

I just got back from watching Frontier's first full run of their show and I want to let the rest of the DCA community know that they are light years ahead of where they were last year. Though it's still rough around the edges and they have a few holes left in the soprano and baritone line, the hornline sounds great, good center of pitch and several excellent soloist. The guard is coming along very nicely and the drumline is also greatly improved (and bigger) than before. Their show titled "Fire" is very well crafted musically and visually and will be a crowd favorite. The mellophone section will also raise some eyebrows as they will probably be one of the best mello lines in DCA.

Good to hear that Frontier is doing so well. Look forward to cheering for you in the Finals in Roc. Wouldn't it be great if two Texas corps made Finals? One in Open Class and one in Class A...

I sure hope we can cheer each other on like we did last year, hopefully the timing will work out again. It was great to be there for our TX brothers and sisters at Prelims, and we got a charge seeing GCS cheering us on while we performed. I will never forget the 'Texas' chant from you guys.

What a year for TX... TX Drum corps preview in just a few weeks, and the first DCA show EVER in TX in July.

I will never forget the 'Texas' chant from you guys.

^OO^

I hope the "Texas" chant is a tradition by the two (or more) corps in the future. It was thrilling and yet sounded so odd at a drum corps event!