Guelph Royalaires Alumni

Following a reorganization the Guelph Royalaires Alumni corps is again up and running and looking to the future!

The corps is busily rehearsing for two performances this summer, the highlight being the NEW Waterloo Band Festival to be held at University Stadium in Waterloo Ontario, Saturday August 19.

The corps will again entertain crowds with favourite Royalaire numbers from the ‘80s and ‘90’s such as “One Fine Morning” and “Oh Happy Day”.

Royalaires rehearse at the Armouries in downtown Guelph Wednesday nights 7 – 9:45 and are still welcoming new members in all sections. Membership is open to anyone, not just Royalaire alumni.

Please see the website for more details: http://www.guelphroyalairesalumni.ca/about.html

Following a reorganization the Guelph Royalaires Alumni corps is again up and running and looking to the future!

The corps is busily rehearsing for two performances this summer, the highlight being the NEW Waterloo Band Festival to be held at University Stadium in Waterloo Ontario, Saturday August 19.

The corps will again entertain crowds with favourite Royalaire numbers from the ‘80s and ‘90’s such as “One Fine Morning” and “Oh Happy Day”.

Royalaires rehearse at the Armouries in downtown Guelph Wednesday nights 7 – 9:45 and are still welcoming new members in all sections. Membership is open to anyone, not just Royalaire alumni.

Please see the website for more details: http://www.guelphroyalairesalumni.ca/about.html

GO GUELPH!!! We miss you guys. Welcome back :blush:

Thanks! I didn’t march Royalaires when they were on the field but it’s still pretty exciting to be a part of the corps coming back up from the recent inactivity.

Al Strassburger is back as corps director and he was telling me that the plan is to put a field show together for next year. I didn’t ask exactly what that meant but I’m *hoping* it means an appearance at the DCA alumni show in 2007.

That’s not "the word", just me hoping…..

Jim

Al's expertice will be very helpful to the Royalaires as they continue to prepare to rejoin the drumcorps community again....Have a super time this year and I am looking forward to see "yunz" guy again....Tell Al I said "Hello" and I will hopefully see him @ DCA finals in Rochester.....

Pgh Guy Bari2

Extraordinaire

Friend of SlyCooley1

PADCHOF

John Gruphofer

Al's expertice will be very helpful to the Royalaires as they continue to prepare to rejoin the drumcorps community again....Have a super time this year and I am looking forward to see "yunz" guy again....Tell Al I said "Hello" and I will hopefully see him @ DCA finals in Rochester.....

Pgh Guy Bari2

Extraordinaire

Friend of SlyCooley1

PADCHOF

John Gruphofer

Welcome back Guelph! Good Luck!! It is certainly going to be a challenge!! :laugh:

It will be a challenge, but we have a strong management team that includes folks like Jack Turner who started the Kiwanis Kavaliers. There's plenty of expertise there on getting a corps up and running. On the field Paul Hallman is returning as drum major ^OO^

Jim

Bumping - because while I'm not looking to build a HUGE drumline this year, another 2 bass and 2 snares would be very welcome. Next year we can get huge! :P

I'm sure the brass would like a few more friends as well, especially in mello and soprano range.

If you're in SW Ontario and are bored - come on out.

Jim