DCUK 2005 Champions no longer competing in 2006

"The Senators Drum and Bugle Corps from Eastleigh Hampshire and Drum Corps United Kingdom are pleased to confirm that the Corps will be taking an active role within the DCUK 2006 summer calendar.

The Corps will however not be participating in the competitive arena at DCUK shows, they will instead be performing in exhibition and honouring all commitments made to date by the corps to DCUK with regards to participation."

Read more here....

I am a little confused by the article, are they strictly an exhibition group? For some reason I thought they were competing in DCE as well? Maybe I am mistaken

With all the organisations now in Europe, things are a bit complicated if you're looking in from the outside..

The corps will be competing at DCE (what is now regarded as the European dc finals), but exhibiting at DCUK shows during the season (DCUK is the competitive circuit for junior corps in the UK only).

Hope that makes sense,

Kev

Edited by East

Yes, glad to hear we didn't lose them from Competition.

DCE is really growing by leaps and bounds, it's exciting.

I was hoping to see DCUK, DCH, and DCG top competitors all at DCE, and it looks like that is going to happen :)

DCUK has posted a response to the Senators' decision to go exhibition for 2006:

From the DCP Front Page

Chris, it sounds as though you're making the trip to Europe this year?

Kev, good to hear from you on here. A good post from you on the DCUK site amongst all the emotion fuelled postings there.

Hi Nick,

When tears start flowing something is wrong, I was hoping that post would have some impact, but going from today on the DCUK discussion page, obviously not. Its not that people don't have the right to an opinion, but there is a way of getting thoughts across without resulting to repetitive abuse, and that is something that the drum corps community as a whole in Britain really has to learn - both the DCUK dicussion page, and the DGUK are a total disgrace, forums such as this and drum corps talk put us to shame!

Anyways, hopefully all the abuse will die down, and people will start concentrating on the important things, such as the future of the activity. Maybe a thread along those lines would be worthwhile in a controlled environment such as this.

Hope to see you at the Glassmen show in July..

All the best,

Kev

Hi Nick,

When tears start flowing something is wrong, I was hoping that post would have some impact, but going from today on the DCUK discussion page, obviously not. Its not that people don't have the right to an opinion, but there is a way of getting thoughts across without resulting to repetitive abuse, and that is something that the drum corps community as a whole in Britain really has to learn - both the DCUK dicussion page, and the DGUK are a total disgrace, forums such as this and drum corps talk put us to shame!

Anyways, hopefully all the abuse will die down, and people will start concentrating on the important things, such as the future of the activity. Maybe a thread along those lines would be worthwhile in a controlled environment such as this.

Hope to see you at the Glassmen show in July..

All the best,

Kev

After that message just checked out the DCUK page for first time since last week. Crazy. I preferred drum corps before the internet I think, apart from the free MP3s and vids of course ^0^

I wish I could make it to DCE. I do my best to find audio and video clips, and constantly am on bablefish reading everyone's webpages. I am very happy to see all the growth in Europe and hope it can continue. I know there is a lot of turmoil and disagreement with direction, but it really sounds like DCE is trying to help the activity grow and not kill the local circuits