Phantom 06 Vids

anyone see thecomment under it saying 4th place. i think he should be beaten whoever said that

Why? It's someone's opinion. You don't have to like it, but it's his or her right to opine that Regiment's show is geared to finish 4th, 8th, or even out of Finals. Yes, most likely the person who posted that was simply being snarky and ornery, or maybe they were just plain "hating" on the show, but that's their right. Let them think whatever they want...after all, they could be right...Regiment COULD end up in 4th, couldn't they?

It's taken me many, many, many, MANY years to get to the point where I just don't get all that bothered by people's opinions anymore. Learn from my misery over the years...start letting it go now. There are always going to be people who hate or dislike what you do, no matter how many others love it. In fact, it's usually the case that 99 people love something you do, but what sticks with you is not the praise, but that 1 person who doesn't like it. Ain't that a paradigm of the human condition...

Just breathe deeply, clear your mind, and say "You have a very nice/fine corps." You won't believe how calming that mantra is. :P

Love, hugs, and kisses...

The Dalai Nikk :worthy:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, it's usually the case that 99 people love something you do, but what sticks with you is not the praise, but that 1 person who doesn't like it. Ain't that a paradigm of the human condition...

Yes. The only "power" in criticism to affect us negatively is the power we allow it to have over us. Destructive criticism should be taken for what it is, and summarily ignored.

Love, hugs, and kisses...

The Dalai Nikk :ph34r:

:spit:

I'm sure they did! Thank you for taking those videos!

So, you went to drum major camp? How was it? Learn a lot?

:)

The camp was GREAT. I'll admit that I didn't really go for the conducting, more for the Phantom part :P but still I learned alot

yeah that was a girl from the camp conducting, 2 really really lucky kids were chosen to conduct Canon, wish I was one but oh well!

it was awesome how close we were able to interact with the corps - we got to march with them in block, eat with them, sit in the middle of their arc... worth every penny! :)

The camp was GREAT. I'll admit that I didn't really go for the conducting, more for the Phantom part :P but still I learned alot

yeah that was a girl from the camp conducting, 2 really really lucky kids were chosen to conduct Canon, wish I was one but oh well!

it was awesome how close we were able to interact with the corps - we got to march with them in block, eat with them, sit in the middle of their arc... worth every penny! :)

one quick thing, i noticed how you and someone on your youtube account were discussing the title of the piece, and although the score that you were given may have said Canon on top, it is infact based off of Sanctus.

one quick thing, i noticed how you and someone on your youtube account were discussing the title of the piece, and although the score that you were given may have said Canon on top, it is infact based off of Sanctus.

yeah i got that

So, I finally got my account working (after lurking for about, oh, since the beginning of DCP)

Click on the links and -

b**bs

whoa - that Scythian Suite excerpt is pretty special.

The other clips are great too. really freakin' great.

The 'discussion' that follows immediately degrades into competitive analysis and philosophical opinions about who does what better and justify every decision made on the basis of a competitive approach - which I know is going to somehow chaffe me if I read it.

I read it (thank god for Nikk and others trying to maintain some sort of logical and centered thought- yo man, how's the Ph. D. goin? You should be close right?).

I get chaffed.

I sit deciding if I even want to try to post.

I realize that this is not what this is about.

This is about some great freakin' clips from Pat and the crew in Rockford.

If you can't hear the good in that, even through a tiny digital camera-mic-whatever, you just ain't hearin' it dudes. That is real, it is energized, it is characteristic, it is balanced, it is fun as #### to listen to, and it will be great on the field. Those kids are just nails, and it will only get better and better.

After hearing that, I am thinking about driving up to the Alabama and SC shows just to see them.

I am still jonesing for a Mahler clip - I mean, just totally jonesing.

peace,