Applause Meter

Mine:

4--Garfield's where-the-####-did-THAT-come-from company front in 1984's "Tonight."

3--SCV's surprise "Bottle Dance" in 1982.

2--Velvet Knights' crocodile (RIP C. Gowdy) --er, shark :P eating the opera diva (and the 10 more seconds of the show).

1--SCV announced in 2nd at 1988 DCI (letting us know Madison won).

#1 and #2 could be changed? The emotions were different, but I remember how scary loud it was in Kansas City. It was a near riot when the Scouts won. hehehe (in a good way from the crowd)

I wasn't in Orlando in 1996... does the first tie/Phantom's win fall here? I can hear some "dissonance" in the crowd...

Any other moments like this? The first time we saw Cadets' Les Miz in 1989 (before they watered it all down <**> ), the crowd was absolutely screaming during the show. But there weren't 35,000 there.

I wasn't in Orlando in 1996... does the first tie/Phantom's win fall here? I can hear some "dissonance" in the crowd...

This wasn't as loud as the end of Madison's Quartfinal performance in '95. I don't know if it's poosible for a crowd to be louder than that. I was the first one out of the tunnel for the next group , and all I thought was "Well, they just beat us."

This wasn't as loud as the end of Madison's Quartfinal performance in '95. I don't know if it's poosible for a crowd to be louder than that. I was the first one out of the tunnel for the next group , and all I thought was "Well, they just beat us."

Who is "us?" Cadets? According to fromthepressbox.com, Cadets went on right after the Scouts (but I was there... there's something not so right about those appearance order #s)... The Scouts won high brass in QFs... Cadets were in the clear. :)

Edited by OhioStateTad

Well, in a more subdued, yet loud bit... the applause in 84 Suncoast, at the end of Requiem (when all of the balloons were released). Probably the loudest, longest sustained ovation for a ballad.