Member Suspensions/Bans

Contrary to what some members may think, I want to set the record straight regarding suspensions. First and foremost, the only member of the staff at DCP that will execute a suspension/ban, is the Community Administrator, who presently, is me.

There are a couple of ways I'm made aware of a possible violation of the Community Guidelines:

• Member uses the "Report Post" feature.
  • A member of the Forum Support Team reports a possible violation either through a member's "Report Post", or during their daily browsing of the forums.
  • I find a possible violation while browsing threads.

If a member receives a suspension, he/she is sent an email that explains:

• Reason for the Suspension/Ban
  • Content/Context that violated the Community Guidelines
  • Guideline that was violated
  • Length of Suspension

Some think that we as a staff wakeup everyday salivating at the thought of suspending/banning a member. This is so far from the truth.

Personally, I hope that members comply with the Community Guidelines (CG's), suspending/banning a member is the LAST thing I want to do.

It all comes down to accountability. It's SO important to read and understand exactly what the CG's stand for. All we do as a staff is attempt to make this community's environment friendly for all (ages, perspectives, loyalties, political viewpoints, religous beliefs, etc), by not allowing personal attacks, inappropriate language, bashing, etc.

When a member violates the CG's, it leaves no other choice but to penalize the member(s) as per the CG's.

All I can ask is this........before you type, PLEASE think about the CG's, and in-turn think about what it is you are typing. If something has upset you to the point of you doing something that may violate our Guidelines, then by all means, take a step back, refocus, take a deep breath, and then reply with your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rich