Westminster, MD 6/30

Thinking of going, if I can find a freind to travel with I'll watch. If I'm by myself I might just volunteer for the event, so I'll be wearing a yellow "volunteer" tee shirt.

I'm a maybe..... I'll pm you about driving down. It will just depend on the weather really. And I do hope that they've figured out a better way to deal with parking this year!

Gene Bennett- are you & dad going to the show?

I'm a maybe..... I'll pm you about driving down. It will just depend on the weather really. And I do hope that they've figured out a better way to deal with parking this year!

Gene Bennett- are you & dad going to the show?

what about parking? I had no trouble last year. I know a lot of people had trouble getting to the stadium because of the skateboarder that got hit by the car right outside the stadium, but you can't fault the show for that.

I think the rain is only supposed to last until thursday here, so hopefully it will be nice on friday for this show.

I was there shortly before the skateboarder/ambulance stuff and turned in right by where the accident was.

They didn't have anyone at that entrance directing people as to where to park on the grass. Instead of keeping everyone in a line and having them park on the grass closest to the school first, people were just driving around randomly searching for spots closest to the stadium entrance.

Then, when there weren't any spots left in whatever section of the field the drivers were checking out near the stadium, they had to hop back into the single line which stopped the original incoming traffic completely. It took me nearly 10min to get to where there were available spots because it was just disorganized.

They needed a few people to filter everyone into the field in a more efficient manner and to inform drivers that sections were full, that's all.

oh ok, I entered from the other side of the school (the front of the school) and parked in the nice big empty parking lot. And this was after the accident happened.

Fran Haring's wardrobe will take care of that b**bs

That very well might be true. We shall see for Friday. B)

I'm looking forward to emceeing the show...as it stands now, it looks like this will be the only chance I have this summer to see some of the DCI corps in person. Plus, it's always nice to work a show that's within an hour's drive from home. :)

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring