Sound Board Question

Now that the sound board can be operated by a staff member, does that staff member need to be a member of same musician's union to operate said board in some venues?

I remember hearing stories about senior corps not being able to perform in some venues because the corps members were not members of the musician's union.

Sound engineers are not part of the musician's union. There could be stadium venues which require all tech personnel to be union employees. But, that's more of a theater thing.

It's also rarely an issue unless you use the 'house" equipment. I used to run into that occasionally when my Army band used to pay in some places...one they realized I was using my own equipment (or was willing to work with the house sound man) it became a non-issue.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it was a problem for drum corps at stadiums.

It's also rarely an issue unless you use the 'house" equipment. I used to run into that occasionally when my Army band used to pay in some places...one they realized I was using my own equipment (or was willing to work with the house sound man) it became a non-issue.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it was a problem for drum corps at stadiums.

So much for that line of reasoning...