Networked Corps Sites

having site clones of one template is not something I would go for. Each corps belongs to its own independantly operated organization, some of which do much more than DCI summer competition.

What's your point? Isn't every baseball team independently owned and operated? I think for the best that each and every D1 corps, which are supposed to be on equal footing, appear to be on the same level. The rest of YEA! can do whatever it wants, but each drum corps in Division I should have its own page that follows the same template. Each corps would still have control over the material--I don't see why they shouldn't--but the smaller D1 corps should get the same professional treatment that the Big 4 have for their sites.

It's taken me like 15 minutes to find the Colts' repertoire and I still haven't.

Maybe they didn't post it.

That's not bush league at all.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think doing something like this would be possible. It would have to be controlled by DCI though. And it doesn't necessarily mean that DCI controls what is on the website. All DCI has to do is give a general template to each site and have the sites designed by a single person. The hardest part, and probably the reason that it hasn't been done (yet) is that it would require loads of organization and some money from DCI (or the individual corps) for this idea to go forward.

Yeah. Like I said, the MLB sites win awards for how they're set up. Doesn't matter which team's site you're on: you know who you're playing against today, you know which TV and radio stations are carrying it and when, you know who's on the mound, and you always know where to find the schedule, the store, the roster, the mailbag, and so on. You're always as informed as you can be, and it looks aesthetically pleasing as well. Why settle for anything less?