Crown

Don't have the time or inclination to write a whole review of last night's Bristol show. However, this was my first viewing of Crown, and all I can say is that they were wonderful. Great ensemble sound from the large brass section. Terrific show concept--organic and consistent throughout. Excellent use of body movement. Fine guard, as one would expect. The stands are low in Bristol, so I could not see a lot of the maneuvers, but there was much movement. It's too bad the drum line is lagging a bit at present. I hope they can make some strides there, as this deserves to be a top 5 show. Of all the corps I saw at Beverly and Bristol, Crown, by far, had the overall best show/product. As another poster commented in a different thread, in some ways reminiscent of Star. Can't wait to see them in Madison.

i saw them in chesapeake, but it was an exhibition due to rain so i didnt get to see the body. but the sound was incredible. the low brass sounded like one big instrument, the trumpets covered all the ranges of playing and did it tastefully (no screaming out of tune trumpets) and again the mellophones rivaled orchestral french horns.