Is it just me, or is this a REALLY good DCI year?

You've got Cavies with their dark, complexly intricate "Machine" show with actual developed melodies and harmonies. Ending of course needs a little work (and is getting it) but the rest of the show is solid, they took a concept and did everything they could musically and visually with it...the program design is just so, I dunno...it's hard to describe. Refined perhaps is the best word. All the added sound effects in the pit and just all the "colors" of sound on the field during this entire show. Ballad is beautiful. Best visual program of the year. No, the show isn't an "in your face, blow you back into your seat" type of show, but it's amazing.

Haven't seen Blue Devils, but they seem to be on fire this year. Need to wait for an APD to give them a further evaluation, but the clips I've heard sound like their doing the Godfather justice. Seems like a real winner from BD, can anyone who's seen them comment further?

Phantom Regiment... :lol:. I'm sure many of you read my review of them from Powder Springs, so I won't repeat it. Let's just say this is probably the best show I've ever seen live. Great music, great drill, great drum corps. It's a classic already in my book.

Bluecoats have a wonderful, cohesive program from what I can tell from listening to the APD. Love the opening "pre-show" introduction a la Cadets '89. Great Bluecoats-esque opener, love the second jazzy movement, beautiful ballad that ties the show together. Can't wait to see them live the 29th.

Boston has a great show that I'm sure will take more than just one viewing to fully comprehend, but I look forward to it. It's a departure from their previous programs into a more mature show design, which I'm all for.

Madison Scouts...the show isn't Scouts-like at all, but it's growing on me. Better than last year, even. I need to see them live to give them a fair shot.

Santa Clara Vangaurd...saw the show online and it gave me shivers. I'll leave it at that. This is probably--no, is their best show since 2000.

Haven't seen Crown, but heard their pretty good. Spirit has a very enjoyable show that I'll be looking forward to seeing again. Waiting to see Glassmen, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, and Colts...but I've heard nothing but good things about them this year!

Both Colts and Blue Star have great shows. The Colts are definitely top 12 material. They should be a lot closer to the Scouts scores ( judges), and the Blue Star should make top 15. Solid loud and proud shows.

Didn't you post this exact same thing in the "General" forum?

Yeah. I thought I was on the General board by accident when I posted it here, and now I don't know how to delete it!