Cheap Trumpets

Pizazzman

Does anyone know where to find deals on good trumpets new/used? Also, what are some good trumpets I should keep an eye out for? I'm new to trumpet and am only using a yamaha student model right now, so I need some advice on what to look for. By the way, still loving that asymmetric mouthpiece.

look up woodwind brasswind. I dunno what their website address is but I'm sure you can find it pretty easily. it's hard to beat their prices.

if you just wanna learn how to play trumpet, I'd say stick with what you got. If you plan on doing this for the long run though, I recommend strads. It's the instrument of choice for most pro and advanced trumpet players.

Get a Bach Stradivarius, Oh you mean price cheap!

Yes, I am suggesting that.

First of all, most of the PRO players I know do NOT play Bach, afew do but not most. I think they are overpriced.

They are trumpets for the masses. I have not played one Bach that I like. The only one that was good was an Old Mt Vernon, and it was bad above high C.

The best horns I have played under $2000 are Callicchio (my fave, I own one) and Callet. Also Schilke, and some Yamaha Pro horns.

There are some moderately priced horns with good sound and features.

There is nothing wrong with the Yamaha student horn for learning. If it had a 1st valve slide hook, I would honestly prefer it over a Bach if I had to choose. I was teaching a lesson to a student with a brand new Bach Strad. We traded horns for a few minutes. I could not wait to get mine back.

Sorry if I offended you Bach fans but for me, playing is believing, and don't flame me till you have played something better in comparison.

Thats my opinion,

I own one but can't spell it, Calicchio!

Awesome horn however you spell it.

Cheap horn story....

One of my friends was looking for a cheap baritone to buy so he could practice...he played baritone but only owned a trumpet at home, and trumpet was his primary instrument. Well he got on ebay and found a bunch of baritones for $75. Good deal? For what he was doing I guess. The only problem was that the baritones were made by an Indian company in a factory in India. The baritone was $75. The shipping was almost $600. Needless to say he still needs a baritone....

Guest mafields627

go to www.trumpetherald.com and check their marketplace. I bought a great C trumpet off of there. A Bach 239 25R in excellent condition for only $1000. Lots to choose from.

Yeah i own a calicchio, they are b i t c h i n horns. I own one too that is in just awesome condition that was made by Dominick himself. Everyone that has played it has said that it plays way better than even the usual calicchio trumpet, it has alot more response to it and has a great sound. It is truly a gem and i would never sell that horn, you see some homless bum on the street wailin away with it before you'd see it in a pawnshop or used music store. So if you can try to find an older one, they may have more "pizzaz" to them, the new ones are just awesome as well.Plus i believe there is a year waiting list too for new ones too.

Edited by Blaringbrass