Potential Top 6 shows

Where do you all think Scouts will fit into the picture as most didn't mention them, I'm really hoping for a top six finish again this year, but we'll all have to wait until August to find out.

btw, I'm a new member, and I've loved reading all the reviews and discussions for the past 2 summers and I look forward to reading many more.

i see scouts in top 6

I edited mine since I had forgotten scouts, to include them in the pack fighting for 6-11

I think that sixth spot is going to be quite highly contested this year. Right now the top 5 scores belong to the same top 5 as last year (not same order mind you). Very close behind these corps is a cluster of corps, each showing that they are deserving of a sixth place finish...or higher. So, in no order, the corps I see coming up on last years top 5:

We have SCV, which so far this season boasts higher scores AND a greater score increase/day over last year.

Then there is the Boston Crusaders. Off to a late start, but a very good one. This corps usually has their strongest improvement midseason; we might expect to see their already terrific growth get even better!

Carolina Crown is another contender. This corps is improving an amazing 138% faster than this time last year. This is very impressive in a year where almost all corps are experiencing decreased improvement.

The Blue Knights, like Crown, is enjoying better jumps in scores over last year. Not too bad considering they were 4th in points gained per day on tour last year (behind Cadets, Phantom, and Bluecoats).

The Illustrious Madison Scouts, after a surprisingly meager start to the season, seem determined to deliver to their fans. In the past week and a half they've put up the numbers to make me think they want to finish as high as possible come Camp Randall Stadium.

I've left Glassmen out, because I don't know much about their season so far. So I see a five or six way tie for 6th right now...honestly, I can't decide who is going to come out on top, but I don't THINK anybody is going to be new in the top 5 (I have been wrong before). Also I should mention Colts, Crossmen, Spirit, Blue Stars, and Capital (a typical late bloomer I think) will be close behind, maybe they'll all tie for 12th and we can get extra big finals DVDs!!!