Confunding Judging

Look at Capital Regiment as well. . . they've assembled living legends in key spots, yet are doing worse this year to this point. Look at what's the same. It will tell you all you need to know.

Aside from their director and their hometown, I don't know what else is "the same". Any more hints you can share?

(By the way, though they're currently running about 16th, that is far better than how they started last season....)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Confounding is right!

I would pay good money to sit through a judges clinic for fans. Not some "feel-good" love fest - but a real clinic with real judges, corps videos, and explanations of WHY corps A beat corps B. Education is good thing - it would all make us better fans.

w/Stp:

That actually sounds like a really good idea. Seriously, I'd pay too. It could be something else to add to season pass or something.

Doesn't explain his comment on the guard scores. Acoustics shouldn't impair the auxiliary judge's ability to evaluate his/her caption.

I think what they're saying is that guards often use cues from the brass to time their work, and if the acoustics suck the guards often get messed up. Therefore, a more telling evaluation of the guard would come from an outdoor performance. While I don't totally subscribe to that rationale, I remember that when I marched when the brass had a good night, so did the guard.