I want the Freelancers back!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pat!

I knew that was you!

It has only been, what, 18 years!

Yeah, I taught the pit in 94 under Ralph H. In 95 I was Caption Head. I hired Murray Gussek to do the battery. He was rehearsing drumline members in SAC while I was rehearsing members in So Cal. We had a pretty good line happening....... it was going to be sweet.......... then the roof fell in..........

It is nice to see the Freelancer drumline competing in WGI, though. The uniforms this season were pretty awesome. The red shirts with the little "flap"....brought a little tear to my eye...........

Hey Pat!

I knew that was you!

It has only been, what, 18 years!

Yeah, I taught the pit in 94 under Ralph H. In 95 I was Caption Head. I hired Murray Gussek to do the battery. He was rehearsing drumline members in SAC while I was rehearsing members in So Cal. We had a pretty good line happening....... it was going to be sweet.......... then the roof fell in..........

It is nice to see the Freelancer drumline competing in WGI, though. The uniforms this season were pretty awesome. The red shirts with the little "flap"....brought a little tear to my eye...........

OH MY GAWD!!!! IT's LANCE DELGADO FROM 21 JUMP STREET!!!

Hey Lance, good to see you around. Hope things are well for you!

Pat, is that you???

It doesnt look hopeful for a full corps comeback, in the near future or ever for that point.

The corps is still in a world of financial hurt, and can barely keep the winter drumline in tact. All of the equipment and vehicles have been sold off (years ago). And the BINGO game isnt making nearly enough money. In fact, I was very surpirsed to learn that there are still some board members making a nice chunk of change off of the BINGO despite there being no marching unit.

Needless to say, I would say 1994 was thelast we will ever see of the Freelancers in DCI.

This isn't completely true. I work Freelancers bingo at least once a week and my roommate is a full time worker. The corps has been rebounding financially with the addition of Magic Ball machines. It's nice to see the organization finally feeling ok about finances. Last season, Don bought an equipment trailer for the drumline and the General is still being used with the new trailer.

Even though we haven't been fielding a corps, we have been consistently putting out a solid winter drumline.

I love to hope that our corps will come back but even with a financial turn as of late, who knows if the corps will be able to sustain the rise in income.

It's always great to see fellow Freelancers on this site. I played lead sop 1992 & 1993 and have always wished someday we'd get to hear the SAC yell on the field once again. Unfortunately my old corp jacket no longer fits....Hmmm hard to believe it's been 13 years since I marched.

Brett

I want to start a campaign to get the corps back on the field.....Can you imagine if every living alumni contributed $$ to the corps....or even if we knew of a wealthy alumn who would be willing to donate $$......I'm not kidding, the day I win the lottery is the day I get The Sacramento Freelancers back on the field.

I do well for myself, but I also have a household with a wife who stays home to take care of the kids.....

RiverCity Regiment, huh? Cool....tell Dan Hudson I said hello....I brought my wife and kids to California and ate at Round Table (mmmmmmnnn) a couple years ago.....met Dan and hung for a bit. I miss it....

Pat