I want the Freelancers back!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the Roger stories, the Norman freakin-### chewins, and Don pacing back and forth in front of us during warm-up with a cig sticking out of his mouth....

####...good times...

Something I never thought I'd see... Don quit smoking a couple weeks ago. Are you as shocked as I am?

It's always great to see fellow Freelancers on this site. I played lead sop 1992 & 1993 and have always wished someday we'd get to hear the SAC yell on the field once again. Unfortunately my old corp jacket no longer fits....Hmmm hard to believe it's been 13 years since I marched.

Brett

Brett - I marched with you but can't put the name with a face... got a pic? :)

Lance, seriously...come to Atlanta for the 29th show at the Georgia Dome....

Beer, drumlines, chicks, etc!!!!

I think we need to get together a bunch of alumns and start working on a business plan to bring the corps back to dci competition....any takers or ideas? We just start slamming every alumn we know for monetary donations and start a huge alumni site.....sounds crazy, but I'm in.

Edited by jsualumnus

BTW....The Sevierville show in 88, while performing ET, came with lightning, thunder, and an awesome background with our music. Anybody remember how intense that was????

OH yes...

I remember that show in 88 (I was in SCV that year) and we ducked for cover in the gymnasium, as did the Madison Scouts.

As we waited for the weather to clear and the show to go on, us and Madison assembled on opposite sides of the gym and played each other's shows to each other, as well as playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" to each other.

Not to a crowd. Not to a gaggling bunch of bystanders.

It was just US, and THEM. Very special experience.

And, we also shared a free day with them in New Orleans that season. 88 SCV and Madison definitely shared a special, unique bond that season.