Best ways to get sponsorships

I sponsored a girl in Bluecoats pit this summer who had posted on the sponsor board. Saw her post and sent her an email. Looking forward to seeing how she's doing when I go to Allentown in august.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This helps me alot also, i plan to try out for 2007 ECJ

I would be marching this year but I have no money

I was even called up today, and asked to join

but no money and now no time

I was even called up today, and asked to join

but no money and now no time

Thank you all for oyur ideas. Keep them coming i would realy like to make this dream come alive.

Go back to drum corps' roots - the people that know what drum corps is!!!

When I marched, I went to my local VFW, presented my sponsorship request at one of their meetings, and they covered my tour fees for 4 years. I went back there each year with an update on how the previous season was and the new request each year. The VFW covered half and the Ladies Auxiliary covered the other half.

No reason why you couldn't do the same thing with your local VFW or even try the American Legion.

Good luck! :)

Go back to drum corps' roots - the people that know what drum corps is!!!

When I marched, I went to my local VFW, presented my sponsorship request at one of their meetings, and they covered my tour fees for 4 years. I went back there each year with an update on how the previous season was and the new request each year. The VFW covered half and the Ladies Auxiliary covered the other half.

No reason why you couldn't do the same thing with your local VFW or even try the American Legion.

Good luck! :)

Wow!

(now wheres that phone book...)

Wow!

(now wheres that phone book...)

Now thats a great idea i never thought of that. I will definitly be yellow paging it later to ge the numbers and address's and sending them letters. Thank you so much for that idea.

Don't be shy about sending out those sponsorship letters. My son sent them to his Optometrist, the local liquor store, all his former teachers, neighbors, old friends of my wife and I, family, etc. He received alot of $25 and $50 checks that added up to a tidy sum. He also asked all of his relatives for $$$ for his birthday and confirmation in lieu of presents, which net him $650 for spending money.

Don't be shy about sending out those sponsorship letters. My son sent them to his Optometrist, the local liquor store, all his former teachers, neighbors, old friends of my wife and I, family, etc. He received alot of $25 and $50 checks that added up to a tidy sum. He also asked all of his relatives for $$$ for his birthday and confirmation in lieu of presents, which net him $650 for spending money.

Yea thats a great idea too. Im just wondering should i write one or see if the corps provides one. Id like to have the money taken care of before i get close to time to pay up for good.

My son used the template the corps gave him, but then he also wrote a personal letter as well. We also send pictures of him from the summer to each sponsor, and he writes a postcard to each during the season. It really helps them feel their donation was appreciated, and reminds him of all of the people that helped him get where he is.