Best ways to get sponsorships

My son used the template the corps gave him, but then he also wrote a personal letter as well. We also send pictures of him from the summer to each sponsor, and he writes a postcard to each during the season. It really helps them feel their donation was appreciated, and reminds him of all of the people that helped him get where he is.

That sounds like a great idea. I think ill see what Spartans do as far as letters and see if my friends in the corps can get me one so i can start doing it now. The post cards are a must, that way they see what they payed for and how it is afecting your life.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a great idea. I think ill see what Spartans do as far as letters and see if my friends in the corps can get me one so i can start doing it now. The post cards are a must, that way they see what they payed for and how it is afecting your life.

I am hoping to get alot of my tuition payed though sponsors only having to pay tour neccessities and such finacial stuff as that. not to mention the gas and or bus tickets to get myself there.

This is a great thread. I'm definitely filing all this away for this fall! Anybody know what kinds of fundraising things Phantom Regiment does? (Mandatory and otherwise.) I'm working my tail off this summer to make this dream come true, but once you figure in transportation, camp fees, jacket, etc- and all those personal expenses too, it really adds up FA(u)ST....

or bus tickets

Yes- AGDrummer, that'll probably be my mode of transit too! Here's to Bus Tickets!!! :mmm:

Seriously, though, bus tickets are expensive. But I don't have a car, I'm too young to rent, and Rockford is 10 hours away. Dangit! :(

Edited by Wild Nights

This is a great thread. I'm definitely filing all this away for this fall! Anybody know what kinds of fundraising things Phantom Regiment does? (Mandatory and otherwise.) I'm working my tail off this summer to make this dream come true, but once you figure in transportation, camp fees, jacket, etc- and all those personal expenses too, it really adds up FA(u)ST....

Yes- AGDrummer, that'll probably be my mode of transit too! Here's to Bus Tickets!!! :mmm:

Seriously, though, bus tickets are expensive. But I don't have a car, I'm too young to rent, and Rockford is 10 hours away. Dangit! :(

Yea im definitly going to get as many sponsership letters ent out as i can and post here for sponsors. Yea luckly Spartans are only like 3 hours or so mabye a little more. Unless i can carpool with oth ermembers from maine im going to kill my self in bus tickets. Personal expenses like jakets come up on you too. Thats why im trying to get an early start on sponsership stuff. I own my car and can rent but even thats too expensice.

Ya know, they oughta have a forum on here for all us aspiring corps members.

Ya know, they oughta have a forum on here for all us aspiring corps members.

There is the sponsership forum. once the seasons over post one. thats what im gunna do now. your planning on the regiment?

There is the sponsership forum. once the seasons over post one. thats what im gunna do now. your planning on the regiment?

Gotta make the cut first. :beer:

But that's my goal!

And yep, the sponsorship forum is a must. I'll also do the letters thing to everyone I know, and then some I dont- (I'm referring to all those people that send you money for graduation that you don't have the slightest clue who they are or how theyre related...but your parents are like: "Oh that's your great aunt suzie who lives in podunkville, who you haven't seen since you were 2 years old:P )

Oh well. This was a great thread to start by the way!

(Off topic side note: Good golly, that's a long run-on sentence. My english teacher would shoot me.)

Edited by Wild Nights

Gotta make the cut first. :beer:

But that's my goal!

And yep, the sponsorship forum is a must. I'll also do the letters thing to everyone I know, and then some I dont- (I'm referring to all those people that send you money for graduation that you don't have the slightest clue who they are or how theyre related...but your parents are like: "Oh that's your great aunt suzie who lives in podunkville, who you haven't seen since you were 2 years old:P )

Oh well. This was a great thread to start by the way!

(Off topic side note: Good golly, that's a long run-on sentence. My english teacher would shoot me.)

Yea im posting there after the season ends. Im sending them to everyone i know band directors choral directors. My favorite customers at work. Thank you i started it because i am going ot need some help to get to Spartans and wanted to know how to go about it.

Yea im posting there after the season ends. Im sending them to everyone i know band directors choral directors. My favorite customers at work. Thank you i started it because i am going ot need some help to get to Spartans and wanted to know how to go about it.

Ive had so many ideas thrown my way and im going to try all of them. Any more ideas please tell me. i want to try anything and everything i can.