How do we get DCI Championships to broadcast in HD?

I definitely think something like what Kamarag is suggesting should be possible in the near future. It would be a good idea for future DCI DVD/BluRay sales to begin archiving current Championships in HD even if they don't sell the product immediately. I believe Mark Cuban did something similar with any HD programming he could find years ago and plans to basically monopolize as much of the market as he can.

Broadcasting in High Definition is coming for all kinds of programming... TNT plays like 10 rerun episodes of Law & Order in HD every day, so it isn't as if only the cream of the crop programming is in HD or something.

If someone broadcasts it in HD, people will watch it. This doesn't effect the standard definition broadcast at all... it will still exist for those who don't have HD.

As for the ESPN programming content... I'm hoping that DCI just gets that together on its own. If it doesn't, then I don't think we'll really have to worry about seeing any content on TV anymore.

Hi Bart!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic