DCUK: Aldershot, July 23rd

MikeBob

Hey hey. I find myself reasonably close to the DCUK show in Aldershot and available to go, so I figured I would, but I have no idea how to get there from Brighton without a car or if it's even practical to try. Does anyone know how late the show will run? Or what the best way would be to get there? Here I've been mildly whining about missing the DCI season, but that doesn't mean I can't catch a little DCUK action.

Hey hey. I find myself reasonably close to the DCUK show in Aldershot and available to go, so I figured I would, but I have no idea how to get there from Brighton without a car or if it's even practical to try. Does anyone know how late the show will run? Or what the best way would be to get there? Here I've been mildly whining about missing the DCI season, but that doesn't mean I can't catch a little DCUK action.

I'd say check the DCUK website but I haven't been able to access it all morning. Not sure what's up with that.

I'd say check the DCUK website but I haven't been able to access it all morning. Not sure what's up with that.

Yeah, I know. I can't access it either.

The only National Express coach that would take me there is over a five-hour trip, somehow. Honestly, it's not hundreds of miles away! What gives? Anyway, I'll keep checking DCUK. Thanks.

Yeah, I know. I can't access it either.

The only National Express coach that would take me there is over a five-hour trip, somehow. Honestly, it's not hundreds of miles away! What gives? Anyway, I'll keep checking DCUK. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

DCUK shows run during the day rather than in the evening, so I'm sure Aldershot would be wrapped up by about 6pm at the latest, probably earlier.

I don't think it'd be easy to make Aldershot from Brighton by train, or National Express (at 5 hours it sounds like they might go into London first then back down?) But there might well be corps members from Brighton who are travelling to Aldershot on the day?

A message on the DCUK page discussion group could work?

Mark

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll give that a shot.

Excellent suggestion -- looks like it's already sorted. If any of you are going, it looks like I'll (potentially) see you there!