VK News and UPDATE!

Long story short, some where in the mid west, store has ice machine outside, corps kids see ice and think, uummm, must be free, director called to store because kids stealing ice, kids explain, we thought it was FREE, hence the battle cry from the Chic song "Le Freak" Ahhhhhh.... FREE ICE

:huh::huh:

That's awesome!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta admit, my direct knowledge of what VK used to be about was nil, until yesterday - I ordered and received DCI's Classic Countdown DVDs for 2005 and 2006, including the 1992 VK show.

Hands down, pound for pound, this is the most entertaining drum corps show I've ever seen. Not the best (I save that for PR 2003 and SCV 2004), but certainly the most entertaining. I haven't laughed that hard and/or that long at anything put on the field EVER. :lolhit:

Not just plain funny, but also performed very well - that drill and music combo ain't child's play. :huh:

If the "new" VK can even just approach the level of irreverence, insanity, performance level and just plain randomness that the "old" VK did, you'll have one abso-tively delirious fan here in Cincinnati. :)

Wishing all of the new organization nothing but the best! :)

I gotta admit, my direct knowledge of what VK used to be about was nil, until yesterday - I ordered and received DCI's Classic Countdown DVDs for 2005 and 2006, including the 1992 VK show.

Hands down, pound for pound, this is the most entertaining drum corps show I've ever seen. Not the best (I save that for PR 2003 and SCV 2004), but certainly the most entertaining. I haven't laughed that hard and/or that long at anything put on the field EVER. :lolhit:

Not just plain funny, but also performed very well - that drill and music combo ain't child's play. :huh:

If the "new" VK can even just approach the level of irreverence, insanity, performance level and just plain randomness that the "old" VK did, you'll have one abso-tively delirious fan here in Cincinnati. :)

Wishing all of the new organization nothing but the best! :)

If you liked 1992, you should try 1988. As Felix the cat was fond of saying: "You'll Laugh So much, your sides will ache, your heart will go pitter pat.."

If you liked 1992, you should try 1988. As Felix the cat was fond of saying: "You'll Laugh So much, your sides will ache, your heart will go pitter pat.."

Not only was the corps very funny in 1988, they performed really well. Great hornline and good drumline. My favorite years of VK were 88 and 92. Funny shows but very good drum corps too!!!!

Not only was the corps very funny in 1988, they performed really well. Great hornline and good drumline. My favorite years of VK were 88 and 92. Funny shows but very good drum corps too!!!!

1987 and 1988 are my two favorite shows..

OK...I have an idea.....hope this works.

On the forum part of our website, we have a topic started called "All Things VK"

Under that, we have a topic called Fantasy VK Show....

How is this.....I invite everyone of you to go and post "your" fantasy VK show.....

Give us ideas of what you would like to see in the future.

www.vkyao.org

See you posting your cool show ideas!!! B)

OK...I have an idea.....hope this works.

On the forum part of our website, we have a topic started called "All Things VK"

Under that, we have a topic called Fantasy VK Show....

How is this.....I invite everyone of you to go and post "your" fantasy VK show.....

Give us ideas of what you would like to see in the future.

www.vkyao.org

See you posting your cool show ideas!!! B)

Does this mean that we'll all get credit for designing the New VK's first show? Does compensation come with that? ^OO^

What you fail to udnerstand is that there's at least a couple hundred miles of distance between all those corps not to mention.

The seven corps that Bill mentioned are all within an hour and a half drive. As well as the fact that some of those corps have camps that are in locations that aren't their "home towns".

I don't know if that matters so much anymore - at least in D1. Not too long ago almost everybody (members) were local, or at least from the general proximity. But now in D1 the kids come from anywhere and everywhere, and just show up on your doorstep for auditions. I guess it's the old adage "Build it and they will come".

Does this mean that we'll all get credit for designing the New VK's first show? Does compensation come with that? ^OO^

You know what? I will bring that up to the board at our next meeting......but that's an excellent idea!!!

Let's see what you got........

You know what? I will bring that up to the board at our next meeting......but that's an excellent idea!!!

Let's see what you got........

Maybe you could have a contest, ubild the best show concept, and win your name mentioned at every performance the corps does.

Edited by VKCanosUSMCContra