DCI Louisville Order

I don't understand how people think like that. Why even go to a show if you only care about 2 out of 7 performing corps? I guess it'll be short night for some people. Cause I mean evidently Pioneer, Southwind, Spirit, Glassmen, and Crown aren't worth the 18 dollar ticket. Woooooo, GO TOP 3!!! <**>

As someone who has marched in a Division 2 corps at several Div 1 shows, you're preaching to the choir about people only caring about headliners. That said, it's naive to think that a corps like Pioneer is going to attract as many fans as a corps like BD will. It's simply a result of their previous placement and their reputation. I don't think the poster was suggesting that people only want to see those corps, but that they'll be less likely to walk around the parking lots before "the big guys" go on and more likely to go inside and enjoy the show/souvenirs/raffle tickets.

I don't think there will be a let down at all from the Blue Devils to Spirit-Glassmen-Crown. These corps can still entertain like nobody's business. I bet a first time viewer would have a hard time telling that the Blue Devils are much better than the corps after them. I believe that the Cavaliers are the only corps that really makes it hard on the ones to follow. This is mainly because of the audience going absolutely ape**** over them. At Indy, I kind of felt bad for the Bluecoats because it was like the audience was worn out after the Cavies show and did not cheer as enthusiastically for Bloo. These are just my observations.

I don't think there will be a let down at all from the Blue Devils to Spirit-Glassmen-Crown. These corps can still entertain like nobody's business. I bet a first time viewer would have a hard time telling that the Blue Devils are much better than the corps after them. I believe that the Cavaliers are the only corps that really makes it hard on the ones to follow. This is mainly because of the audience going absolutely ape**** over them. At Indy, I kind of felt bad for the Bluecoats because it was like the audience was worn out after the Cavies show and did not cheer as enthusiastically for Bloo. These are just my observations.

That's because the vast majority of Cavies' fans are ridiculous homers that only cheer for their corps. Example: The Naperville, IL show last year where nobody except Cavaliers received even a decent applause. The audience was completely dead until they went on. It was unbelievable.

Edited by TSRTS13

That's because the vast majority of Cavies' fans are ridiculous homers that only cheer for their corps. Example: The Naperville, IL show last year where nobody except Cavaliers received even a decent applause. The audience was completely dead until they went on. It was unbelievable.

You mean the vast majority of people in the RCA Dome were Cavies' fans?

I've been to WAY too many Cavies' shows for over 30 years (as an alum and as someone geographically suited to be at certain shows) to have the same perspective that you've shared. I've never witnessed that. I should add I wasn't at the Naperville show last year. Stilll, I've found the audiences at their shows to be fans of drum corps and they don't pay good money to sit on their hands and not enjoy themselves.

Do they applaud louder for their "local" corps? Sure. Doesn't every stadium full of fans when their "local" corps comes on?

But as far as personally witnessing them "dissing" other corps...I'm sorry, but I've just never witnessed it.

Anyone else...what is your perspective?

You mean the vast majority of people in the RCA Dome were Cavies' fans?

I've been to WAY too many Cavies' shows for over 30 years (as an alum and as someone geographically suited to be at certain shows) to have the same perspective that you've shared. I've never witnessed that. I should add I wasn't at the Naperville show last year. Stilll, I've found the audiences at their shows to be fans of drum corps and they don't pay good money to sit on their hands and not enjoy themselves.

Do they applaud louder for their "local" corps? Sure. Doesn't every stadium full of fans when their "local" corps comes on?

But as far as personally witnessing them "dissing" other corps...I'm sorry, but I've just never witnessed it.

Anyone else...what is your perspective?

I agree with you Mike. The home town corps effect cannot be denied, but I have never seen any blatant disrespect for the other competing units. Likewise, I don't think that the RCA Dome was full of fans that support only the Cavaliers. Cavaliers do elicit huge crowd responses every where they go (at least at every show I have seen them at for the past umpteen years). It's a bit of a stretch to translate that into Cavies fans dissing the other corps (IMHO).