Looking for a corp

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No harm in sending an email, but you have to understand they're likely to be focussed on this season right now and may not get back to you for a while. If you don't hear from them by Finals, I'd wait a couple weeks and send a second email -- and keep watching their websites. They're not likely to have camps or auditions until late Autumn.

Ditto...if the corps has info about 2007 auditions, their website would be the first place it would be posted. If you send an email now, as it seems you are doing, all you might get in response is "check back later". Corps will not begin to focus on 2007 until after this season is over and they have a week or so down time.

Ditto...if the corps has info about 2007 auditions, their website would be the first place it would be posted. If you send an email now, as it seems you are doing, all you might get in response is "check back later". Corps will not begin to focus on 2007 until after this season is over and they have a week or so down time.

This may be true. But for the most part, "down time" is for "members only". The Admin and instuctional staff don't have that kind of wriggle room. They need to know who, what, when and where will be willing to go for the following season so they know what they have to work with, and the sooner they know, the better they can prepare the corps

This may be true. But for the most part, "down time" is for "members only". The Admin and instuctional staff don't have that kind of wriggle room. They need to know who, what, when and where will be willing to go for the following season so they know what they have to work with, and the sooner they know, the better they can prepare the corps

Nah...the admin and staff need down time too. When they come home, surely you don't think they step right into a meeting, do you? I know from experience that the admin and staff do indeed take a few days away...they need it. Then, they get back together and begin to make plans for the next season. Watch...I doubt you'll see any corps announce their audition camp dates before August 19, one week after finals.

So, if I were searching for info like the author of this thread, I would wait until late August to begin.

Edited by ssorrell