church supplement during tour

I think the intent was there.

Plus, did you read any of my other responses?

Oh, well, I guess if you think you know what he meant it doesn't really matter what he actually said or anything. As long as you have the infallible ability to see things that aren't there, it's all good.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his post was nothing like yours. It was the opposite.

He said it's the parents' job to teach their kids. I said it's the parents job to determine when their kids are mature enough to handle making their own decisions. I suppose I didn't make it clear that what I meant is that both of those statements are aligned in their philosophy.

So why is it ridiculous for parents to determine when their kids are mature enough to handle making their own decisions?

I don't mean to say that there's a point from where parents should be making all of their childrens' decisions and then at some later point all of a sudden let them make all of their own decisions. It's a gradual thing. You start out by letting them make decisions on simple things when they're younger and gradually - as they mature - you let them make more decisions on their own.

As for a parent letting their 15 or 16 year-old march a DivI corps - they may determine that their child is not mature enough to handle decisions on their own concerning the possibility of encountering drugs or alcohol, possibly with the added danger of peer pressure, etc. Then again - they may decide that their child is mature enough at 15 or 16 to make wise decisions on their own.

But it's still the parent's job to make the determination of when that should occur.

That is not ridiculous.