church supplement during tour

So i have been wondering as i am going to audition for bd this next year. i am catholic and my faith is really important to me. now i realize that there isnt enough time to let kids go to church every sunday but im wondering if there is some sort of supplemental service provided, be it bible study or whater, that is offered. OR is it just up to the members to deal with that kind of thing themselves all summer?

ps. sorry if this is a touchy subject for anyone on here; i dont mean to be abrasive :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know about most corps... I do know Pioneer goes to church every Sunday though.

~>conner

Going back to my marching days.... If we were in town on a Sunday, and it didn't interfere with practice, the staff always would ask if anyone wanted to go to church. It's really up to the administrative folks of the corps.

Going back to my marching days.... If we were in town on a Sunday, and it didn't interfere with practice, the staff always would ask if anyone wanted to go to church. It's really up to the administrative folks of the corps.

ok but more specifically what if it did interfere with practice. would there be anything that would happen on THOSE sundays?

We used to have a bible study at PR.

My div3 corps actually went to church on sundays and pioneer used to as well.

was that mandatory? or just an option for those who wanted to go?

i know in navy boot camp, every sunday you were allowed to go to church if you wanted to. they had a lot of different religions there, i went to a few just to go and see what they were like. a lot of people went to sleep (you dont know about lack of sleep until you go to boot camp)..

Edited by cire

ok but more specifically what if it did interfere with practice. would there be anything that would happen on THOSE sundays?

Like I said, it's up to the corps administrative folks. Corps being non-profit organizations, they can't really "promote" people being able to attend church services. If it interfered with practice -- we practiced, but knowing that many Catholic parishes offer many different times for Mass, you may have to get your rear out of bed real early to make 7AM Mass somewhere so you can hightail it back for rehearsal!

was that mandatory? or just an option for those who wanted to go?

i know in navy boot camp, every sunday you were allowed to go to church if you wanted to. they had a lot of different religions there, i went to a few just to go and see what they were like. a lot of people went to sleep (you dont know about lack of sleep until you go to boot camp)..

The pr bible study was extremely informal.

As for the PIO.... i think it was mandatory at the time.