• Bluecoats
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Madison Scouts
  2. 2. Will Cadets Beat out Bloo?

• Yes
    • No

i think this really hurts Scouts because this is there second show of the last 3 to be rained out and canceled.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

use smilies. it gets the humor aspect across.

That's why I don't like them. They're a crutch.

I got scores this is from the site

July 28, 2006 -- Cookeville, TN

0.000 - Jubal

0.000 - Madison Scouts

0.000 - Santa Clara Vanguard

:P

My daughter just called and said that they stopped the Cadets mid performance after one of the guard girls, "Alice" took a spill on one of the tables they dance atop of. No reports on any injury, word around the show was that Hopkins went on the field to her aide. Let me be the first to say let's ban table dances..........................................................................

.............on the field that is.

Good night all we'll see you in the Atlanta lounge, I'll be the one sporting the Blooooooooo body paint.

Scott

Allaina's Dad

My daughter just called and said that they stopped the Cadets mid performance after one of the guard girls, "Alice" took a spill on one of the tables they dance atop of. No reports on any injury, word around the show was that Hopkins went on the field to her aide. Let me be the first to say let's ban table dances..........................................................................

Good night all we'll see you in the Atlanta lounge, I'll be the one sporting the Blooooooooo body paint.

Scott

Allaina's Dad

I wondered about that; I just got back from the show. The rain really started at the beginning of the table segment; it got quite scary. They tilted the tables while various corp members slid and actually walked on them. I think Hoppy went out there to stop the corps by order of DCI due to dangerous conditions; and it did look like one of the guard girls might have been injured on a table.

BTW; I do not know firsthand what the crowd response was for the Cadets previously; but it was quite positive at this show until the suspension of the performance. What a shame for the weather...

Scott

Allaina's Dad

Actually, the girl that plays Alice is George's real life daughter. Kind of explains things.

The above post is correct, I just got back from the Cookeville site...it was, literally, a wash.

Contest was more or less rained out. Cadets were on the field, were stopped after the end of the drum feature, before the ballad (I presume, first time I've seen the show). The other guy with me said someone took a spill off a table and was carried off the field, looked injured. I personally didn't see this.

So, kind of a bummer, this was the major event I had planned on this year, but I'll be making the best of things and writing a partial review tomorrow come #### or falling water!