HELP, Please

Hello folks, I just recieved word from a current student of mine that is marching Revolution and they need assistance. They are right now in the south and are having trouble. Apparently 1 of the busses had a severe break down and is costing quite a lot of money to be fixed. With gas being what it is plese help with any donation to this great corps. They are being run well and have just come into a little bit of a tight spot. They can stop where they are and then turn around and come back to SA, rehearse for 3-4 days and try to get back on tour or they can try to get the repair done on the road where they are and continue on if any of us can help. I ask that any and all people that can, help by either donating money or use your corps connections and see if another corps can lend assistance. I will be contacting some corps officials as well as donating money myself to this great corps. As it stands right now these kids and staff are in first place in D. III and it would be ashame if they could not perform to the best of their ability based on a unforseen tragedy. You can donate online at the Revolution website which is www.revolutionypa.org. Simply go to the bottom of the homepage and find the paypal icon to donate and help these kids out. Thanks for your time and effort in this time of need for this great drum corps.

Wesley Perkins

BK '97 '98

O'Connor HS Asst. Band Dir.(director of two Revo Students)

Hello folks, I just recieved word from a current student of mine that is marching Revolution and they need assistance. They are right now in the south and are having trouble. Apparently 1 of the busses had a severe break down and is costing quite a lot of money to be fixed. With gas being what it is plese help with any donation to this great corps. They are being run well and have just come into a little bit of a tight spot. They can stop where they are and then turn around and come back to SA, rehearse for 3-4 days and try to get back on tour or they can try to get the repair done on the road where they are and continue on if any of us can help. I ask that any and all people that can, help by either donating money or use your corps connections and see if another corps can lend assistance. I will be contacting some corps officials as well as donating money myself to this great corps. As it stands right now these kids and staff are in first place in D. III and it would be ashame if they could not perform to the best of their ability based on a unforseen tragedy. You can donate online at the Revolution website which is www.revolutionypa.org. Simply go to the bottom of the homepage and find the paypal icon to donate and help these kids out. Thanks for your time and effort in this time of need for this great drum corps.

Wesley Perkins

BK '97 '98

O'Connor HS Asst. Band Dir.(director of two Revo Students)

Not to be picky, but doesn't Revo charter from OK Tours? They did last year when I traveled with them. If they need money to complete the tour, I can understand that, but why would they be responsible to repair a chartered bus owned and operated by OK Tours? Please clarify.

Not to be picky, but doesn't Revo charter from OK Tours? They did last year when I traveled with them. If they need money to complete the tour, I can understand that, but why would they be responsible to repair a chartered bus owned and operated by OK Tours? Please clarify.

I don't have all the details, I was just asked to donate by my student on tour who said there was a bus issue, so I assumed it was a break down. But you could be right.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Hey, what a tough time for Revolution. It seems to be so difficult to afford transportation and rising fuel costs!

Good luck, Revo. I've submitted my donation via your PayPal link on the DBC webpage. I'm confident you will raise the money needed to help get you to Madison.

Dave

Thanks for the support. Here is the "official" release.

Help Revolution March to Madison

Currently, Revolution Drum & Bugle Corps is doing very well in Division III competition. The staff, volunteers, boosters, and members are continuing to work very hard to continue their run to World Championships however, the drum corps needs more help to counter rising transportation costs.

Recent transportation expenses combined with earned fundraiser income that has not yet come in has put the drum corps in a challenging position to pay bills before the end of tour. We are reaching out to the community, asking for any type of help via money or food donations to help offset these costs now.

To help right now, you can make a tax-deductible donation online at the Revolution website which is www.revolutionypa.org/drumcorps. Go to the bottom of the homepage and find the PayPal icon to donate and help these wonderful kids out.

Another way you can help is by sending a food donation, care package, check, mail order, or cashier's check to:

Revolution Drum & Bugle Corps

c/o Jaime Martinez, Corps Manager

15106 Winged Foot

Selma, TX 78154

Please feel free to contact us at revolutionsummertour@yahoo.com for more details on how you can help Revolution's march to Madison in 2006!

Thank you for helping keep this Texas corps on the road!

~Jaime Martinez

Revolution Drum and Bugle Corps

Manager