Riverside Review

I'm still learning my way around corps activity so I will not and cannot go into the detail of reviews that I have seen posted in the past. This is just my opinion as a relative newcomer and if I have left anyone out, I sincerely apologize or if I offend anyone, it is definitely not my intention.

Got to the show late due to the normal freeway traffic, so we missed seeing Dream perform. I was so looking forward to finally having that opportunity as I admire this corps for their drive and abilities.

Mystical - very nice changes to their show since I have last seen them perform. Loved the closer. The silver stripes on the front of the uniform were removed at this point in the show which made the whole show visually more exciting. Kudos on the changes which are great!

Oregon Crusaders - first time I have seen them this season and I was so impressed with the entire corps. Colorguard, brass, battery and pit did a fine job and the crowd (although small tonight) seemed to really enjoy the whole performance. Nice clean solid performance.

SCVC - Very precise, but I just couldn't seem to get into their music.....not sure why.

Impulse - First show in over two weeks. Nice changes over the last show with the guard especially with nice visual effects that were missing the last time I saw their show. Received a two point penalty tonight. Hear that there was some mix-up with time of performance.

Yamato- Believe that this is the first time the entire corps has performed together as some members are from Japan. This show seemed very clean...IMO.

Fever - Have not seem them perform this year, but it was a show I could not get into for whatever reason. Nice guard flags, but their uniforms seem rather drab. (I know it's a lot of money to get new uniforms, but visually, they just turned me off)....sorry.

Jester - I just love this corps. They had a drum major tonight (first time I've seen this all season). Worried about the guy the entire show because the scaffolding/ladder, whatever it is called did not seem real stable and it bothered me for safety reasons. BUT, this show entertains for a corps of this size and I really enjoyed the handling of one of the corps guys with the rifle...very sweet.

Because I'm relatively new to drum corps, all I can say at this point is that all of you have my deepest respect for the effort and time that you put into your show to make it entertaining for the audience. :worthy: Thank you!

Thank you for the review.

For those of us who will not see these corps until the end (or those who may not get to see them at all this season) the thoughts and impressions of others are much appreciated. It does not take any great expertise to tell us what you think and what you like and it gives us a chance to see things through new eyes. :)

Got to the show late due to the normal freeway traffic, so we missed seeing Dream perform.

Thanks for the comments anyway. We had 6 or so holes in the line Friday night due to members getting stuck in traffic getting off work.

Friday's are just hard on us All-age corps.

I you really want to see us, stop by practice on Saturday's or Sunday's between now and Labor Day weekend as we get ready for DCA Championships...

www.SoCalDream.org

(Sorry for the plug but I just had to do it.)

I got to see a few of the other corps Friday night, and they all seemed to be improving nicely. For those of you continuing to Madison, best of luck.

To the rest, thanks for your 2006 shows. I really enjoyed all your efforts. It really seems like everyone stepped it up again this year for a very entertaining season.

Thanks to all

I was very impressed by Oregon Crusaders. They had some demanding drill and a nice sounding hornline. They'll definitely be high in the mix at finals. Yamato made a great first showing with the entire corps. Remember that they only just put the whole show together with the Japanese half of the corps over the past week. There are a few sections of the show that don't seem to flow very well into each other at the moment, but I'm sure these will be worked out. They will be improving very quickly during their short tour. Best of luck at finals! I stayed around to watch their standstill at the end of the show, and they're putting out a lot of volume and energy. I was glad to see that Jester finally had a drum major, and a few more horns. I dug the rifle solo. The chanting section took me by surprise and seemed to be suspiciously similar to SCV's "new era." They seemed to pull it off fairly well though. It was good too see how all the corps had improved from earlier California shows. DII/III finals are going to be exciting this year for sure. I wish I could be there in Madison, but I guess I'll have to wait for the DVDs.

Does anyone know why Impulse got a 2 point penalty?

I heard from some of the members that they got to the show late and missed their line-up time.