Blue Knights need your help!

I have given to just about every D1 corps out there this year and will continue to do what I can for the activity, BUT I also think the activity needs to slow itself down. When corps are spending in the 1,000,000 plus mark each year to be competitive I can't see their need. Think of the Cadets and all the props and extras that probably take an extra truck all year to haul it. There is SOOOO much wasted spending by the big dogs to WIN that it causes the middle and lower dogs to spend more than they can just to compete. Maybe instead of having D1, D2, D3, they should break up the groupings as to your budget for the year. Don't get this wrong, I am going to help where I can, but I would like to see the corps start within their budgets. One last thing. I remember the year that Bridgemen begged for financial help and didn't get the needed reponse. They folded shortly thereafter. I hate to see any corps fold, unfortunatly if spending is reigned in on all levels there will be more to come. If the Blue Knights are actually asking in a big way, then people better heed their warning.

Breaking up the groupings as to your budget is in a way having Div 1,2,3...

Div 1 corps have larger budgets - 3+ months of travel, more buses, semi trucks, larger staffs - it all adds up.

Div 2 is typically smaller 2-3 busses, less travel (usually weekends and two tours: a short one at the beginning of July and a 2-3 week tour at the end of July early August)

Div 3....smaller membership, less travel, smaller staffs, etc.

Rather then limited budgets, I think corps need to focus more on corporate sponsorship and fundraising. Alot of people critized Star and the Cook group - but hey...it worked very well for them.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic